Topic: Da Vinci 1.0a z axis rails question

Hi. I recently purchased a second da Vinci 1.0a and this one has 8mm rails like the 1.0. My other printer has 10mm z rails. Can anyone verify which size rails this machine should have?

Re: Da Vinci 1.0a z axis rails question

Do yo have calipers to measure then with.

Soliddoodle 4 stock w glass bed------Folger Tech Prusa 2020 upgraded to and titan /aero extruder mirror bed
FT5 with titan/ E3D Aero------MP mini select w glass bed
MP Utimate maker pro-W bondtech extruder
Marlin/Repetier Host/ Slic3r and Cura

My 1.0 had 8mm rods. That was one flaw with it.

Printing since 2009 and still love it!
Anycubic 4MAX best $225 ever invested.
Voxelabs Proxima SLA. 6 inch 2k Mono LCD.
Anycubic Predator, massive Delta machine. 450 x 370 print envelope.

4 (edited by razor_keen 2018-03-02 20:37:00)

My question is in regards to the 1.0a. blue model. I have a printer I bought brand new that has 10mm z rods. I bought a used 1.0a that had 8mm z rods. To me it seems someone switched them out with those from a 1.0.
Can anyone verify that all 1.0a machines came with 10mm z rods? Thanks.
Also, on the new 1.0a the extruder had a slimmer hotend. On the used one I bought, the hotend resembles the one on my 2.0 grey model. It's much thicker. To me this says someone took all the best parts out of the 1.0a and stuck 1.0 parts in it.
Not sure why I need the calipers but yes I have some. I don't need to know what size they are, but what size should they be.

Just look where the rods pass through the frame at. t switch to smaller rods they would have had to make some sort of adapter to take up the extra space in the hole. Stock versions are just metal on metal with no bushing. They could have changed the design at some point as well the 1.0 had 3 different version.

Printing since 2009 and still love it!
Anycubic 4MAX best $225 ever invested.
Voxelabs Proxima SLA. 6 inch 2k Mono LCD.
Anycubic Predator, massive Delta machine. 450 x 370 print envelope.

6 (edited by razor_keen 2018-03-03 02:04:43)

Ok. The z rods do not pass through the frame. They are held on by plastic feet at the top and bottom. Z axis. I will edit the second post to reflect information given in the first post. It should be less confusing.
All other rods not in question are 8mm.
So. Does any one have a 1.0a that came with the old style nozzle and 8mm z axis guide rails? Or do they all have 10mm z axis guide rails and upgraded nozzles?