1 (edited by sdtag 2018-02-11 14:54:39)

Topic: whassup from so cal

I'm a newbie here on this forum, but not so much with 3d printing.

I started with a DaVinci Pro a couple of years ago.
I fix machines for a living so I couldn't stop myself from tinkering with it. I modified it with an E3D V6 hot end, and some other mods. The first mod I did was the rear spool hanger so I could use off the shelf filaments.

Last year I bought an Anycubic Linear Plus as a kit. A delta printer. It has it's drawbacks but overall I really like it. I modified it also to accept the E3D V6 hot ends.

Now I'm thinking about a third printer. Looking at the monoprice mini.

I have a bunch of designs on Thingiverse
https://www.thingiverse.com/Old-Steve/designs

thats all folks

Re: whassup from so cal

Just checked out your designs on Thingiverse, I really liked most of your designs, they are very practically useful and most of them are structurally strong. Very impressive work!

I'm big fan of MonoPrice 3D printer. They are noisy and all need some initial work, but they become very realible printer after that and offer great print quality and fast print speed.  My first 3D printer is MonoPrice mini, the only thing I don't like about that printer besides noisy is the build volume. Since you are experienced 3D printer owner, take look at MonoPrice Maker select V2 or PLUS at ebay, you can get V2 under $130 and PLUS under $275 depend on the condition.

(Da Vinci 1.0, Jr. 1.0 RAMPS, miniMaker) X4, (Creality CR-10S, CR-10 mini, Ender-3) X4, Anycubic MEGA X4, Anycubic Chrion X1, ADMILAB Gantry X2 (MonoPrice Maker Select V2, Plus, Ultimate)X4--Select mini X1, Anycubic photon X4, Wanhao duplicate D7 X1.
iNSTONE Inventor Pro X2, CTC Dual X2, ANET-A8, Hictop 3DP-11, Solidoodle Press, FLSUN I3 2017X1

Welcome to the forum. I answered you question on the Mp Mini thread.

Tin Falcon

Soliddoodle 4 stock w glass bed------Folger Tech Prusa 2020 upgraded to and titan /aero extruder mirror bed
FT5 with titan/ E3D Aero------MP mini select w glass bed
MP Utimate maker pro-W bondtech extruder
Marlin/Repetier Host/ Slic3r and Cura

welcome to the board!

Sd4 #9080 with a glass bed. E3d chimera duel extruder. Paste extruder , duet wifi.
Lawsy carriages. linear bearings. Y axis direct drive, Kinect scanner
SD4#8188 glass bed, lawsly carriages, E3d v6, octoprint http://www.ustream.tv/channel/hotrod96z28
Filastruder/filawinder, Custom Delta 300mm x 600mm