Topic: Da Vinci 1.0A Issue

Hi everyone it's been a few months since i fired up my 3D Printer. I generally use it for fixing things and making custom prototypes when i have time and an idea.

I went to use mine today and I think i had an X axis problem with the 030 error code. I just wiggled the cable and unplugged and plugged back in to the stepper motor. The error code no longer shows.

However i went to calibrate the printer and i seem to have a rather strange issue.

The corners proceed to measure the height, but upon returning and cleaning the nozzle process something then happens and the extruder head then tried to go towards the left side of the case and bumps in to the metal bracket.

Has anyone come across this issue before? and know how to resolve it? I really need my printer up and running asap sad so any ideas or fixes would be great!

I can get a video if it would help.

Re: Da Vinci 1.0A Issue

check your wire harness, Da Vinci 1.0 wire is known to be problematic.  The extruder head then tried to go towards the left side of the case and bumps in to the metal bracket because Y-axis did not came out long enough before move x-axis. and your previous 030 error code indicate x-axis wire harness issue. Replace the cable to make sure it won't happen in the middle of printing process.

(Da Vinci 1.0, Jr. 1.0 RAMPS, miniMaker) X4, (Creality CR-10S, CR-10 mini, Ender-3) X4, Anycubic MEGA X4, Anycubic Chrion X1, ADMILAB Gantry X2 (MonoPrice Maker Select V2, Plus, Ultimate)X4--Select mini X1, Anycubic photon X4, Wanhao duplicate D7 X1.
iNSTONE Inventor Pro X2, CTC Dual X2, ANET-A8, Hictop 3DP-11, Solidoodle Press, FLSUN I3 2017X1

I think I have to agree that this would be the first point of call to look in to, primarily as you mentioned the previous code.

Is there a particular wire needed? Or a Loom that people have replaced them with? I'm going to guess its the same connector or similar both ends on a length (anyone know the length) that needs replacing.

If anyone has one they have bought ready made to plug in and run with let me know. Would love a simple fix smile

if not let me know the wire type and I might try slice it out. I'll try some brading around the loom also.

Any other thoughts would be appreciated with what others have done to fix this smile

Thanks so much!

4 (edited by yizhou.he 2018-01-24 17:09:46)

Test your cable with multi-meter to make sure it is indeed problematic. I would start with y-axis motor wire.
razor_keen has lots of experience on Da vinci 1.0 wire harness cable making, and he may be able to send you one set of replacement cable. pm razor_keen for the price or suggestions.

(Da Vinci 1.0, Jr. 1.0 RAMPS, miniMaker) X4, (Creality CR-10S, CR-10 mini, Ender-3) X4, Anycubic MEGA X4, Anycubic Chrion X1, ADMILAB Gantry X2 (MonoPrice Maker Select V2, Plus, Ultimate)X4--Select mini X1, Anycubic photon X4, Wanhao duplicate D7 X1.
iNSTONE Inventor Pro X2, CTC Dual X2, ANET-A8, Hictop 3DP-11, Solidoodle Press, FLSUN I3 2017X1

Sounds good.

Just to be sure? Start on the Y axis?

If I'm looking front facing at the printer - Up/Down is Z. Left to right is X???/ Front to back of the machine is Y?

So start on the Y one to conform its all working ok? then move to the Problematic one? Suspected X?

PS thanks for the tip to Razer_keen

Start with motor wire. Based on you description X is problematic, some people will switch the wire for x-motor and y-motor to know for sure if without multi-meter. Since y-motor is not moving, the problem may seemed to be fixed after switching, but I would recommend to replace the wire to make sure the problem is gone for good.

I am having a problem with error code 0014 when i go to calibrate... Then when i go to print sample. It just heats up to 150F degrees it just stays around 150 and doesnt do anything but stay hot. Can anyone help me?