Topic: repetier on a Win7 machine

I'm a high school engineering teacher and I'm running a solidoodle 3 from home.  It works fine with my laptop, but when I try to download Repetier 2.0.5 on a school laptop I can connect, but I get no temperature info back to the computer and I cannot heat up either the bed or hot end.  nothing seems to operate from manual mode.

looking back I see an error of communication timout

Any suggestions on how to get these older laptops to work with my older doodle.  Should I back down to an older version of Repetier?  The documentation suggests that the latest repetier should work with win7

SD3 added E3DV6 and the Titan
still a rookie newbie, but learning.
Dreaming on building a large format from scratch

Re: repetier on a Win7 machine

joepayette wrote:

I'm a high school engineering teacher and I'm running a solidoodle 3 from home.  It works fine with my laptop, but when I try to download Repetier 2.0.5 on a school laptop I can connect, but I get no temperature info back to the computer and I cannot heat up either the bed or hot end.  nothing seems to operate from manual mode.

looking back I see an error of communication timout

Any suggestions on how to get these older laptops to work with my older doodle.  Should I back down to an older version of Repetier?  The documentation suggests that the latest repetier should work with win7

You should go back to an older version around the win7 time frame. The newer version is optimized for 10 protocols and is iffy in other versions.

Printing since 2009 and still love it!
Anycubic 4MAX best $225 ever invested.
Voxelabs Proxima SLA. 6 inch 2k Mono LCD.
Anycubic Predator, massive Delta machine. 450 x 370 print envelope.

In Repetitor-host Printer Settings, in Connection tab, check com port setting and make sure the Baud Rate matches the printer setting. If it works fine with your laptop, get the Baud Rate setting from your laptop. You can also compare if other setting are matched with your laptop Repetitor-Host printer setting.

(Da Vinci 1.0, Jr. 1.0 RAMPS, miniMaker) X4, (Creality CR-10S, CR-10 mini, Ender-3) X4, Anycubic MEGA X4, Anycubic Chrion X1, ADMILAB Gantry X2 (MonoPrice Maker Select V2, Plus, Ultimate)X4--Select mini X1, Anycubic photon X4, Wanhao duplicate D7 X1.
iNSTONE Inventor Pro X2, CTC Dual X2, ANET-A8, Hictop 3DP-11, Solidoodle Press, FLSUN I3 2017X1

4 (edited by Kronikabuse 2018-01-17 22:09:42)

the new repeiter works fine on my desktop running win 7. has to be your setting for your machine. you do not need to revert to an older version of repeiter. make sure you have the box checked for " check extruder & bed temp."

Sd4 #9080 with a glass bed. E3d chimera duel extruder. Paste extruder , duet wifi.
Lawsy carriages. linear bearings. Y axis direct drive, Kinect scanner
SD4#8188 glass bed, lawsly carriages, E3d v6, octoprint http://www.ustream.tv/channel/hotrod96z28
Filastruder/filawinder, Custom Delta 300mm x 600mm