Topic: Hack for Da Vinci Jr. 1.0w

Hello,
Getting a few mixed reports for the different models everyone has and their respective versions of software/firmware.  Can anyone tell me if I can run the hacked NFC chips?

Da Vinci Jr. 1.0w
XYZware version: 2.1.27.3
Firmware version: 2.3.6

My starter spool NFC ran to zero.
Able to read and write to it but have unidentified spool after making changes to it.

Thanks

Re: Hack for Da Vinci Jr. 1.0w

I am pretty sure once a chip is allowed to hit zero it is blacklisted by the printer and there is no way to revover or reset that chip. Hacks have to be done before they reach zero.

Printing since 2009 and still love it!
Anycubic 4MAX best $225 ever invested.
Voxelabs Proxima SLA. 6 inch 2k Mono LCD.
Anycubic Predator, massive Delta machine. 450 x 370 print envelope.

That is what I read on several threads but I have seen threads where they were able to reset it just fine and it works...  All threads were having versions several versions lower than my own.

If the Jr W and JR are the same, you will not be able to use reset NFC tags until they roll out of memory which is in the neighborhood of 100 UID's. On the JR firmware version 2.2.6 was the last one you could use reset NFC tags with.

Bozot,
Thank you for the input.  Just a quick question, do you have or know off hand the thread where it gives the configurations of each of the pages for a full spool?  Of the countless threads I have gone through, I have only collected a few pages of modification.  The rest I have previously found but I lost the page and cannot find again.  Im asking for when my new tag comes in I wont make the same mistake.  I will, of course, not make the same mistake again and keep a copy of the tag before putting it in my machine, but if I decide to use the cheap paper tags or the EMU tags.  The couple instructables links I have tried were mostly dead ends saying they do not exist. 

Thanks

If you set the following pages you will have a tag that is set to 300M:

PAGE 08: 5A 50 57 00
PAGE 09: 00 35 34 50
PAGE 10: E0 93 04 00
PAGE 11: E0 93 04 00
PAGE 20: E0 93 04 00
PAGE 21: A8 81 36 54
PAGE 22: F0 3F EE CE
PAGE 23: F2 6E 4D 76

I input those into my tag and I am still getting unidentified spool.  Can you take a look at the card information and see if you see anything wrong with it?  My original spool was set to 100m, could it be that it only recognizes the 100m spool?  I read a thread where that was the case.  I know this card is most likely locked or I configed it beyond repair but if it is locked, would I still be able to make changes to it? Again dont spend a lot of time on it, I have to deal with my mistakes and I have a couple of tags coming my way.  Just havent been able to print anything in over 4 days! lol

Card info
PACK 05 6E

http://soliforum.com/i/?fpdYITM.jpg

Your printers Firmware Version does not allow you to use hacked tags. The tag is not locked just not useable.

So is there no hope for me to work outside of XYZ filament??

Yes, you can always purchase some paper tags and use them. They work great and are only about .10 each on ebay.

Is there a link that describes what you need and how to program the paper tags for the Davinci Jr.?

ejones76 wrote:

Is there a link that describes what you need and how to program the paper tags for the Davinci Jr.?

I thought they where done the same way you do a cartridge tag, are they not?

Printing since 2009 and still love it!
Anycubic 4MAX best $225 ever invested.
Voxelabs Proxima SLA. 6 inch 2k Mono LCD.
Anycubic Predator, massive Delta machine. 450 x 370 print envelope.

You are correct Carl. The only difference is you have to add the password and pack code to paper tags. The password on them is FF FF FF FF and there is no pack code.

Can you read and write to a paper tag using an android phone?

ejones76 wrote:

Can you read and write to a paper tag using an android phone?

Sorry, I cannot answer that question as I do not have a phone with NFC capabilities.

ok thanks for getting back to me though. I have a roll coming into this weekend and a phone that can read and write NFC tag data so I will just see what I get when I read it. I just purchased a used DaVinciJr. and wanted to be able to use a different brand filament. I am going to go read over the other discussions in this forum. Thanks again for answering

Ok, the password for those tags should be FF FF FF FF when you get ready to update it. Make sure you change the password and pack code prior to trying to use it in the printer. Failure to do so will render the tag useless to you.

Ok bare with me Im a noob. Lol. Is there a way to "create" new tags? Here was my thinking. Buy some paper tags. Create a bunch of these tags that the DaVinci Jr. Needs put these on my rolls of filament and thats how I could use them in the DaVinci Jr. I dont understand all the technical stuff behind the NFC tags that DaVinci uses but I figured by this time someone may have come up with software to generate those tags. Am I even getting warm?

You are close, the tag reader is actually in that black arm you hang your spool of filament on. I don't "think" the reader will be able to detect the tag as it rotates around. You could always use something likethe following. I found it on Thingiverse some  time ago.

http://soliforum.com/i/?m3GBtW6.jpg

Ok awesome. How do you create new tags? I dont want to have to reset the tag just create a new tag each time a roll of filament runs out.

Wait! Can I use this  https://nfckey.xyz/ ?

You purchase them on Ebay then use https://nfckey.xyz/ to get the password and pack code to update the tag with.

Bozotclown1970 wrote:

You purchase them on Ebay then use https://nfckey.xyz/ to get the password and pack code to update the tag with.

See that is where I´m always getting lost wink

I thought you need the above page to be able to login to existing XYZware tags and modify them which, for us up-to-date-firmware Davinci Mini guys is not an option.

Above you say
You are correct Carl. The only difference is you have to add the password and pack code to paper tags. The password on them is FF FF FF FF and there is no pack code.

So how do I fill the paper tag ? FF FF FF FF or nfckey.xyz ?

Ok

1. Make sure you have a way to update tags in general
2. Purchase Paper tags
3. Use the link in previous pages to get password and pack of paper tag to update
4. Update Paper tag with all information including NEW password and pack codes using FF FF FF FF as the password
5. Your tag is ready to use.

Is there a way to create my own tag data and write this to a new tag? Like a random password generator but for tag data? Oh and Thank you for all the information! Also thank you for being patient with a noob! lol