Topic: retracting issue?? da vinci mini

Hi all,

I have noticed my davinci mini seems to be dragging the nozzle across the print as it moves during printing, when it needs to relocate for the next layer of print the head scratches across what has already been printed until it gets to where it needs to be and starts printing again making a loud rumble sort of noise as it goes

Anyone else had this issue?

Re: retracting issue?? da vinci mini

This sounds like over extrusion to me. Retraction is a function where the filament is pulled back into the nozzle slightly to keep it from making strings when moving from one side of the model to the other.

If it is dragging then the actual nozzle is hitting and that has nothing to do with retraction. Even if there was filament at the nozzle tip it would be melted and would not be hard enough to make any sort of sound or resistance.

What is most likely happening is that you are over extruding so your layer is thicker than it should be and the nozzle is dragging due to that extra thickness.

Printing since 2009 and still love it!
Anycubic 4MAX best $225 ever invested.
Voxelabs Proxima SLA. 6 inch 2k Mono LCD.
Anycubic Predator, massive Delta machine. 450 x 370 print envelope.

Re: retracting issue?? da vinci mini

Thanks Carl,

I misunderstood the retraction, I thought it raised the Z axis between moves. Printer seems to be running fine now as i have started using buildtak.

Cheers again