Topic: Where is everyone ??

It is a cold snowy day here on the east coast.  And there was a total of one post on this forum.
Is everyone but me out Christmas shopping??
I have been spending time with family. Organizing my shop. Repared a pair of scissors. Cleaned up a rusty spoke shave by soaking in vinegar. Repaired a broken parallel rule on the portable drafting board.
During the day had the printer running printing some key fobs . Also downloaded a half dozen Open source fonts to use with 123D designs.

And I checked in here a few times. Only to find the forum relatively dead. This may not be the most interesting post  but figured I should post something relevant.

So what have others been up to worthy of a post.

Tin Falcon.

Soliddoodle 4 stock w glass bed------Folger Tech Prusa 2020 upgraded to and titan /aero extruder mirror bed
FT5 with titan/ E3D Aero------MP mini select w glass bed
MP Utimate maker pro-W bondtech extruder
Marlin/Repetier Host/ Slic3r and Cura

Re: Where is everyone ??

I have also logged in and checked the forum today .  32 ° with snow and black ice in north west Florida today so not going out side. my printer is down waiting on a mighty board. so been doing cad all day.

Ultimaker S3.

Yes I think most folks have stayed in . I live on a normally busy street. Usually police cars whizzing buy  and truck s that rattle the widows etc. Have barely heard one car today. it is currently 30 here and i expect black ice on the untreated roads.

Soliddoodle 4 stock w glass bed------Folger Tech Prusa 2020 upgraded to and titan /aero extruder mirror bed

im around. i check in a couple times a day. not much happening around here lately

Sd4 #9080 with a glass bed. E3d chimera duel extruder. Paste extruder , duet wifi.
Lawsy carriages. linear bearings. Y axis direct drive, Kinect scanner
SD4#8188 glass bed, lawsly carriages, E3d v6, octoprint http://www.ustream.tv/channel/hotrod96z28
Filastruder/filawinder, Custom Delta 300mm x 600mm

I'm here 2-3 times a day, every day.  I don't see much I can chime in on, usually I'm too late.  I'm still using my antique SD2 that is modified into oblivion.  Gonna build a new one here soon, just gotta figure what type.  Got a new neighbor who owns a motorcycle repair shop, have started printing some skulls and working on a key fob.  Maybe make a few bucks - who knows.

Ender 3 Pro

I check the forum at least once a day, but if there's nothing to say or or respond to,...

To print or, 3D print, that is the question...
SD3 printer w/too many mods,  Printrbot Simple Maker Ed.,  FormLabs Form 1+
AnyCubic Photon, Shining 3D EinScan-S & Atlas 3D scanners...
...and too much time on my hands.

Just bought a Da Vinci mini, don't want to post anything that will get laughed at.

(Da Vinci 1.0, Jr. 1.0 RAMPS, miniMaker) X4, (Creality CR-10S, CR-10 mini, Ender-3) X4, Anycubic MEGA X4, Anycubic Chrion X1, ADMILAB Gantry X2 (MonoPrice Maker Select V2, Plus, Ultimate)X4--Select mini X1, Anycubic photon X4, Wanhao duplicate D7 X1.
iNSTONE Inventor Pro X2, CTC Dual X2, ANET-A8, Hictop 3DP-11, Solidoodle Press, FLSUN I3 2017X1

I rarely ever login, I normally just lurk as anonymous. I do still check in almost every day though.

As to what I'm up to, it's mostly just work. Last thing I printed was even an item for work (drivers license camera hood), but I do like to check in so I stay semi current on what the latest trends in filament and printer technology is.

You mentioned 123D fonts, I may have to install that again but I have mostly switched over to Windows 10's 3d Builder. For simple things that are in the range that I might be able to design, it has enough features to keep me happy.

The OS fonts will work with any windows program including Inkscape. which is the OS version of adobe Illustrator.

The forum is down this morning, I'm surprised no one noticed.

(Da Vinci 1.0, Jr. 1.0 RAMPS, miniMaker) X4, (Creality CR-10S, CR-10 mini, Ender-3) X4, Anycubic MEGA X4, Anycubic Chrion X1, ADMILAB Gantry X2 (MonoPrice Maker Select V2, Plus, Ultimate)X4--Select mini X1, Anycubic photon X4, Wanhao duplicate D7 X1.
iNSTONE Inventor Pro X2, CTC Dual X2, ANET-A8, Hictop 3DP-11, Solidoodle Press, FLSUN I3 2017X1

i noticed

12 (edited by dubbsd 2017-12-12 01:59:39)

I tried to log in at 4:30am CST and it was down then.

Ultimaker S3.

Last Night I was out in the cold (0 deg c) replacing the CVVT solenoid on my volvo (finally wore out after 209,000 miles) then indoors and onto CAD to design a 3d duck and a key fob as a present for a work colleague (those printed overnight while i slept). so not a lot of time to get on here.

it was down till about noon cst. One good reason that we have the chat

Sd4 #9080 with a glass bed. E3d chimera duel extruder. Paste extruder , duet wifi.
SD4#8188 glass bed, lawsly carriages, E3d v6, octoprint http://www.ustream.tv/channel/hotrod96z28

I usually check in 2-3 times a week, not logged in unless I comment though.

FuseBox 1.5 CoreXY - e3dv6 - Graphic Smart Display
Solidoodle 2 - e3dv6 - Hobb Goblin - e3d Titan - lawsy carriages - Direct Drive Y Axis - T8 Z axis - OctoPi

16 (edited by yizhou.he 2017-12-12 16:18:03)

OK, as long as it is not take down by xyzprinting because nilezon post his filament hack. lol

I check 2-3 times a day, but since I'm typically mobile these days, I don't login unless I comment.

Printit Mason and Printit Horizon printers
Multiple SD2s- Bulldog XL, E3D v5/v6/Lite6, Volcano, Hobb Goblin, Titan, .9 motor, Lawsy carriages, direct Y drive, fishing line...the list goes on
Filawinder and Filastruder #1870.....worth every penny!

I got stuck in traffic sometime in 2015.

SD3 w/ RUMBA (8825s), merlin hot end (in pieces). Ender3 w/ silent board for PLA printing. Ender5 w/ silent board, e3d v6, new z lead screw, and glass bed. DiY Kossel w/ smoothieboard (in pieces). Vellman Vertex (in pieces)
Shapeoko2 router in process of being converted to laser engraver (in pieces)
Multicam 5000 series CNC Router w/ 11HP spindle, 5x10' table, and auto tool changer (in pieces)

TheBaron wrote:

I got stuck in traffic sometime in 2015.

That was one heck of a traffic jam....  lol  Glad to see you back, Baron!

I am around, try to pop in at least once a day, but not much happening in here these days... and life gets crazy.
I have a lot going on these days, so not a lot of time available for the forums.  But, hey - it keeps me out of trouble, LOL

SD4 #1 & #2 - Lawsy carriages, E3D v6, Rumba controller board, mirror bed plate, X motor fan, upgraded PSU & Mica bed heater
SD4 #3 - in the works ~ Folgertech FT-5, rev 1
Printit Industries Beta Tester - Horizon H1

heartless wrote:

That was one heck of a traffic jam....

Chicago traffic ain't no joke.

SD3 w/ RUMBA (8825s), merlin hot end (in pieces). Ender3 w/ silent board for PLA printing. Ender5 w/ silent board, e3d v6, new z lead screw, and glass bed. DiY Kossel w/ smoothieboard (in pieces). Vellman Vertex (in pieces)
Shapeoko2 router in process of being converted to laser engraver (in pieces)
Multicam 5000 series CNC Router w/ 11HP spindle, 5x10' table, and auto tool changer (in pieces)

TheBaron wrote:
heartless wrote:

That was one heck of a traffic jam....

Chicago traffic ain't no joke.

Haha.. you are talking to a former truck driver - I know what Chicago traffic is like, at all hours of the day and night. wink

SD4 #1 & #2 - Lawsy carriages, E3D v6, Rumba controller board, mirror bed plate, X motor fan, upgraded PSU & Mica bed heater
SD4 #3 - in the works ~ Folgertech FT-5, rev 1
Printit Industries Beta Tester - Horizon H1

Wellllll, I haven't logged on in a loooooong time. I was never a major poster, but lurked every day.

Haven't been on in awhile for 2 reasons:
1: I mostly 3D print at work and we haven't needed anything new made for quite a while... (We mostly CNC machine aluminum and print overlays)
And 2: We no longer use a Solidoodle. It died a few years ago, and was replaced with a Makerbot clone. And it's (Knocks on wood) been printing great.

I miss it, though. Designing new things and printing and tweaking until success. I need to get back into it... Hmmmm...

Two SD3s - One with Sang, One with Printrboard, Fans on control boards!!! Do this!!!, Dual Glass Beds, Blacklight "EZ Bake Oven" - Improves Ambient Temp, Sketchup, Repetier, Slic3r. Graphic Designer & Makeshift Engineer. Drinks Lots and Lots and Lots of Rum.

jawhn wrote:

Wellllll, I haven't logged on in a loooooong time. I was never a major poster, but lurked every day.

Haven't been on in awhile for 2 reasons:
1: I mostly 3D print at work and we haven't needed anything new made for quite a while... (We mostly CNC machine aluminum and print overlays)
And 2: We no longer use a Solidoodle. It died a few years ago, and was replaced with a Makerbot clone. And it's (Knocks on wood) been printing great.

I miss it, though. Designing new things and printing and tweaking until success. I need to get back into it... Hmmmm...

what happened to the "broken" solidoodle?

I think people come here when someone needs help and or advice. in other here really rarely go. and very sorry.