1 (edited by genesat1 2017-10-14 01:36:17)

Topic: [Nylon] Grivory R47 (Nylon impact modified)

I got this from 3DSupplySource, and after drying it for over 24 hours I started to extrude it.  I initially tried a low temperature of 190C, then started increasing that as it seemed the pellets were not feeding (I believed perhaps they just weren't melting).  I upped it several more times, and then stopped.  I took the nozzle off, and it was melted, it was a full block up against the nozzle, but it wasn't extruding.  It's almost as if it's so frictionless that it just rotates around with the augur rather than getting pushed out.  I ended up flushing it out by loading a plastic I know extrudes quickly (PETG), and it pushed the nylon out, but the nylon by itself just won't extrude.  Any ideas?

Edit: Even with the barrel filled with the nylon the motor load was about 0.5-0.6A, which further seems to mean to me that it was just rotating around with the augur.

2 (edited by massiel 2018-10-25 04:34:44)

Re: [Nylon] Grivory R47 (Nylon impact modified)

genesat1 wrote:

I got this from 3DSupplySource, and after drying it for over 24 hours I started to extrude it.  I initially tried a low temperature of 190C, then started increasing that as it seemed the pellets were not feeding (I believed perhaps they just weren't melting).  I upped it several more times, and then stopped.  I took the nozzle off, and it was melted, it was a full block up against the nozzle, but it wasn't extruding.  It's almost as if it's so frictionless that it just rotates around with the augur rather than getting pushed out.  I ended up flushing it out by loading a plastic I know extrudes quickly (PETG), and it pushed the nylon out, but the nylon by itself just won't extrude.  Any ideas?

Edit: Even with the barrel filled with the nylon the motor load was about 0.5-0.6A, which further seems to mean to me that latest review on https://bestgrillcover.com/best-charcoal-grill was just rotating around with the augur.

Are you still interested?