Re: XYZ Da Vinci Jr. MKS 1.4 BOARD MODIFICATION

Do not use Dupon wires... after a while the motors did not work. I've changed the cables and then all was working fine again.

And now I'm using this as print underground:
https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B077TZ … &psc=1

All other materials are bad and not 100% secure for 3d printing. I do not have to change it the next year, and the 1st layer is very good.

If your bed is not heated than blue painters tape works just as well and cost much less. If it is heated then glass and hairspray work much better and are cheaper.

Printing since 2009 and still love it!
Anycubic 4MAX best $225 ever invested.
Voxelabs Proxima SLA. 6 inch 2k Mono LCD.
Anycubic Predator, massive Delta machine. 450 x 370 print envelope.

carl_m1968 wrote:
yizhou.he wrote:

In the case of Jr. conversion, the major difference is RAMS board are too tall to fit in the original space where stock board sits. You will have three layer of boards stack on top of each other for RAMPS board while only one layer board for MKS. You will have to print a case for the RAMPS board or find another place to mount it.   

Other benefit for MKS board includes easy support of touch screen, you can get MKS board + touch screen combo for less than $40 on aliexpress but I have not see similar good deal for touch screen support for RAMPS board.

Keep in mind that MKS board is JST 2.54 but Jr. use JST 2.0, therefore you still need to make cable for MKS board.

you must not look very hard or think Aliepress is the only shopping venue in the world.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/USA-3D-Printer … Swax5YvlUk

Includes:

1x Mega 2560 board for Arduino
1x USB Cable
1x 3D Printer Controller RAMPS 1.4 Board(Red Color)
5x A4988 Stepper Motor Driver with Heatsink
1x 12864 LCD with control board
1x Smart Adapter
2 xFC flat cable

All for just $30 with free shipping from the US.

Do you understand the difference between A4988 drivers and TMC2100, besides the price. Huge differences, A4988 drivers are basically free, like you go to aliexpress and buy ladies swimsuit for the wifey, theyll throw in 4 free A4988 stepper drivers just incase