Topic: Having trouble unloading Da Vinci 1.0 Pro

Anyone else having this problem.

It seems with the1.3.3 firmware on my Da Vinci 1.0 Pro I cannot unload filament.

The Hot End heats up to the specified temperature (225C) but the printer does not unload the filament when the Hot End is hot, it waits letting the Hot End cool down to 133C then it tries to unload it.

133C is too cool to unload ABS.

Re: Having trouble unloading Da Vinci 1.0 Pro

my 1.0s heats up the filament, then pulls it back (retract) allows it to cool down then you can pull it out

It usually heats up the filament, then pulls it back (retract), then allows it to cool down then you can pull it out

you feel the printer does not unload the filament when the Hot End is hot, it waits letting the Hot End cool down to 133C then it tries to unload it because the pulls back (retract) step is difficult and did not work.

I would wait it reach 230 and apply a little force on the filament to help it gets out before it start to cool down. If you can not get it out when it heat to 230, you have a jam, take the hotend out and clean it.

(Da Vinci 1.0, Jr. 1.0 RAMPS, miniMaker) X4, (Creality CR-10S, CR-10 mini, Ender-3) X4, Anycubic MEGA X4, Anycubic Chrion X1, ADMILAB Gantry X2 (MonoPrice Maker Select V2, Plus, Ultimate)X4--Select mini X1, Anycubic photon X4, Wanhao duplicate D7 X1.
iNSTONE Inventor Pro X2, CTC Dual X2, ANET-A8, Hictop 3DP-11, Solidoodle Press, FLSUN I3 2017X1

Thanks. Yeah what you both described is how it used to work but it wasn't pulling it out when hot so it could unload it when cooler. So when it got down to 133 it was just clicking because it couldn't pull it out.

XYZ wanted a video so I was shooting it and then of course the unolad worked. Go figure. Had changed spools manually and had went through a few on/off cycles and printed some things so any of those actions may have cleared the issue.