Topic: Output files are reversed using 8MP Camera.

I have a RPi 3 with the 8mp camera and I have a fully licenced version of the software.
I am using version 1.25 and the RPi is up to date with the latest upgrades available.
The screen scans are OK but the resultant files (PLY) are reversed.
I noticed that there was a comment raised in March that the new RPi camera had reversed images and a few other problems.

Has this been addressed yet?
Have I missed something in my configuration?
Any help would be appreciated.
Pennyworth

Re: Output files are reversed using 8MP Camera.

Your left and right lasers probably need to be swapped.  You can do so by changing the pin numbers on the setup page and then recalibrating.

- Uriah

Re: Output files are reversed using 8MP Camera.

Thanks, I will try that.

In my attempts to resolve some issues, I searched through the forum posts and wanted to confirm the correct laser identification eg left or right.
From the post, I noted that the lasers were identified as being left or right when standing behind the camera looking towards the turntable.  Mine were the other way around, so I changed my pins to suit and i seemed to get better scans but the output ply file was reversed.  Perhaps in all the mucking around, I managed to set the system up a bit better each time so my results improved each time i tried.
I will change the laser pin connections back, recalibrate and run some more tests.

- Pennyworth