Topic: Better pictorial representation of wiring

Is there a better visual description of how everything should connect together?

I have done very little circuitry in my time and am struggling with the lack of visual explanation. Has anybody uploaded anything better in terms of supplementary imagery or a video like Ian did for the FilaWinder?

TIA

Re: Better pictorial representation of wiring

I'm in the same boat. Haven't found anything good yet.

its hard to get good pictures of the wiring. Ive build a bunch of filastruders and the wiring diagram is spot on

Sd4 #9080 with a glass bed. E3d chimera duel extruder. Paste extruder , duet wifi.
Lawsy carriages. linear bearings. Y axis direct drive, Kinect scanner
SD4#8188 glass bed, lawsly carriages, E3d v6, octoprint http://www.ustream.tv/channel/hotrod96z28
Filastruder/filawinder, Custom Delta 300mm x 600mm

Yes having the same trouble. Its okay saying the diagram is okay but there are many questions, what about cable management connectors. Having never used a wiring diagram this is tricky.

I feel that a simple video of someone assembling a Filastruder would be ideal. There wouldn't even need to be dialogue, just a demonstration of what goes to where, and i'd be off to the races. Perhaps my IQ is too low to learn from diagrams and schematics. If I can figure out how to assemble mine, I will take it apart and make the video myself.

http://soliforum.com/i/?9BFa9fY.jpg
Here is how I wired mine. Cut the connectors of both fans before you start. Run cable for 1 fan, Thermocouple and Heater through the grommet at the front. Power supply cable, 1 fan and red/black for stall protection cable go through the grommet at the back. I showed where each cable started and ended and colours I used.

^ this is also correct, just shown in a different way.

Hello guys. I am also here in the same page. I have never used a wiring diagram before. it was pretty confusing to me at first but I did my best to get and also I did follow some youtube videos. They are terrible quality and dont show much but it helps a little. anyways now I have everything conected and I have checked multiple times and I cant get it right. if I tunr on 1 switch it turns on everything the motor, the fans, the PID controller. everything. I have looked many times ofr my error and I even changed the connections and I keep gettignt he same result. only one swtich activates everything. what am I doing wrong?

9 (edited by carl_m1968 2020-06-20 16:00:22)

Tectonico wrote:

Hello guys. I am also here in the same page. I have never used a wiring diagram before. it was pretty confusing to me at first but I did my best to get and also I did follow some youtube videos. They are terrible quality and dont show much but it helps a little. anyways now I have everything conected and I have checked multiple times and I cant get it right. if I tunr on 1 switch it turns on everything the motor, the fans, the PID controller. everything. I have looked many times ofr my error and I even changed the connections and I keep gettignt he same result. only one swtich activates everything. what am I doing wrong?

If switch 2 is on when you turn switch 1 on then everything will come on. Make sure that switch two is off and is wired correctly based on the diagram above. On switch 2 which pins are your wires on? they should be marked on the side of the switch.

Printing since 2009 and still love it!
Anycubic 4MAX best $225 ever invested.
Voxelabs Proxima SLA. 6 inch 2k Mono LCD.
Anycubic Predator, massive Delta machine. 450 x 370 print envelope.