1 (edited by dubbsd 2017-06-09 14:29:11)

Topic: openscad or implicitcad.org

i am trying to learn openscad but ran across implicitcad.org has anyone on the site used it.
which one is best.

Ultimaker S3.

Re: openscad or implicitcad.org

have not used either, myself... but asking "which is best" is like asking which brand of car, or 3d printer, is best - it will be different for everyone.

I personally use 123D Design (no longer available for download), Blender, and Solidworks, depending on what I am trying to do.

SD4 #1 & #2 - Lawsy carriages, E3D v6, Rumba controller board, mirror bed plate, X motor fan, upgraded PSU & Mica bed heater
SD4 #3 - in the works ~ Folgertech FT-5, rev 1
Printit Industries Beta Tester - Horizon H1

one of the reasons I am trying to learn Openscad is on some items i need threads. which my main cad program (Cubify Design) does not do. and I can not afford solid works.

Ultimaker S3.

I too mainly use 123ddesign Unfortunately it is no longer available for download by autodesk you may be able to find a copy on another site. 

The direct replacement is fuson 360 you can register and use for free as a hobbyist IIRC you can use it for business as long as your company makes something less than $ 50,000 a yr

Soliddoodle 4 stock w glass bed------Folger Tech Prusa 2020 upgraded to and titan /aero extruder mirror bed
FT5 with titan/ E3D Aero------MP mini select w glass bed
MP Utimate maker pro-W bondtech extruder
Marlin/Repetier Host/ Slic3r and Cura

dubbsd wrote:

one of the reasons I am trying to learn Openscad is on some items i need threads. which my main cad program (Cubify Design) does not do. and I can not afford solid works.

ok, that makes sense.

and I could not afford Solidworks, either. It was gifted to me by a friend. wink

SD4 #1 & #2 - Lawsy carriages, E3D v6, Rumba controller board, mirror bed plate, X motor fan, upgraded PSU & Mica bed heater
SD4 #3 - in the works ~ Folgertech FT-5, rev 1
Printit Industries Beta Tester - Horizon H1

heartless wrote:
dubbsd wrote:

ok, that makes sense.

and I could not afford Solidworks, either. It was gifted to me by a friend. wink

heheh I have an older "gifted" version of Simplify3d.

Printing since 2009 and still love it!
Anycubic 4MAX best $225 ever invested.
Voxelabs Proxima SLA. 6 inch 2k Mono LCD.
Anycubic Predator, massive Delta machine. 450 x 370 print envelope.

Some of you might find this thread on reprap forums useful:

http://forums.reprap.org/read.php?1,773032