Topic: automatic configuration software

As an owner of an old and moderately updated solidoodle 2, i have a large collection of slic3r profiles all based on really ancient baselines that came from vanilla setup.  I got to wondering if these old "standards" do not reflect some of the new knowledge and bugfixes which is preventing me from getting the quality i should be.  Unfortunately, starting with a new blank slic3r profile is kind of daunting so i started thinking about how that process could be automated....

First off:  Is there any software out there that can be used to generate baseline slicer settings (lets say slic3r for now) for an arbitrary printer of an arbitrary model?

If not ( and i expect there isn't since i couldn't find much by searching)  i was kind of brainstorming on what this software would look like.   Obviously there would be a lot of manual steps for most of the baseline printer models, but if the software did the heavy lifting and math, it would be nice to have.

I was thinking it would be a "wizard" type program that interviewed you through the process of calibrating your printer.   I am imagining a bunch of test prints analogous to the print head alignment sheets some older inkjets needed.

First would getting the printer talking .  not sure putting any effort into this would make it easier to use so just put up the normal fields.  same with bed dimensions and home locations.

After the wizard can talk  would be bed leveling:
   The software could blindly print a "failsafe" 1 layer square.
   The user would then remove and measure thicknes and plug in values into software.
   based on these values the software would navigate the nozzle to fixed locations and instruct user set the gap to a specific number.
    square is reprinted.  if acceptable continue, else rerun bed leveling.

Next is adhesion testing.  Basically this would fine tune the initial gap between bed and nozzle.  Obviously the substrate would be out of control of the software.  Various substrates could be coded in to give a more reliable starting point.
    Software prints a series of pillars with different first layer gaps.  maybe 3-5mm high and wide) 
    Software then intentionally collides the nozzle with the pillar    (maybe lower 1-2 layer width and collide?  is there a significant risk of damage to nozzle for this step?
    software asks user which one adhered the best.
    new set of pillars are printed with tighter constraints
    sofware asks user which one adjered the best
    < repeat ad nausium, maybe add controls to test final settings at different points on the bed.>
    when a final optimum gap is come up with it returns to bed leveling with new number.

Next is dimensional testing
   print a test cube
   user measures and enters values
   software recalculates and prints another cube
   <repeat>

From this point is gets more into subjectiveness of the print quality  but if the software continued, it would follow the same basic flows .. (test (maybe with multiple settings) and ask for actual values.)

The end goal is a slicer profile that can be used to print most things.  at least provide a solid baseline to start tweaking from customized to your printer.