Topic: Best filaments for DaVinci 1.0 Pro

Having just bought a Da Vinci 1.0 Pro and able to use different filaments but I'm not sure which brands are good and bad.

Is there any post that deals with feedback on peoples findings on different brands specifically used on a Da Vinci 1.0 pro

If not then can you volunteer your feedback here?

Re: Best filaments for DaVinci 1.0 Pro

What exactly do you mean by being able to print with different filaments. Has your hotend been modded? If not you can only print with ABS and not PLA. As far as brands you get what you pay for plain and simple. If it is cheap then your luck will vary.

Printing since 2009 and still love it!
Anycubic 4MAX best $225 ever invested.
Voxelabs Proxima SLA. 6 inch 2k Mono LCD.
Anycubic Predator, massive Delta machine. 450 x 370 print envelope.

carl_m1968 wrote:

What exactly do you mean by being able to print with different filaments. Has your hotend been modded? If not you can only print with ABS and not PLA. As far as brands you get what you pay for plain and simple. If it is cheap then your luck will vary.

As far as I can see the 1.0 pro will print both ABS and PLA.

from what I read on various forums and feedback from amazon purchases the suitability of different filament brands varies quite a lot, some people really like prima value  some hate it but the make of printer is not always mentioned so I would like to capture feedback specific to the 1.0 pro with different brands including ABS and PLA.

I agree that it's more likely that rigid ink for example will perform better than prima value but I believe there's a lot of scope in between

4 (edited by carl_m1968 2017-06-01 12:20:38)

So I assume you have hacked yours so you are m=not limited to XYZ carts then? The reason I asked is that in typical fashion all XYZ printers come setup by default to do ABS. But if you want to do PLA then you have to buy a special PLA hotend from them. They fail to say this anywhere but in very small hard to find fine print. You may want to contact them and ask before buying filament you can't use. Don't tell them it is hacked just tell them you wish to use ABS instead of PLA and confirm if your printer is ready out of the box or needs a different hotend.

Printing since 2009 and still love it!
Anycubic 4MAX best $225 ever invested.
Voxelabs Proxima SLA. 6 inch 2k Mono LCD.
Anycubic Predator, massive Delta machine. 450 x 370 print envelope.

carl_m1968 wrote:

So I assume you have hacked yours so you are m=not limited to XYZ carts then? The reason I asked is that in typical fashion all XYZ printers come setup by default to do ABS. But if you want to do PLA then you have to buy a special PLA hotend from them. They fail to say this anywhere but in very small hard to find fine print. You may want to contact them and ask before buying filament you can't use. Don't tell them it is hacked just tell them you wish to use ABS instead of PLA and confirm if your printer is ready out of the box or needs a different hotend.

Ah! you've not heard then, XYZ have made all the Pro versions of their printers open to third party filament

http://eu.xyzprinting.com/eu_en/Product … ofessional

So no, not hacked.