Topic: looking for similar plymax pla

hi
i m a new from this forum but i read a lo of times your post. i m trying to print a cosplay  armor with pla. no problem for the parts without streach or traction but for that parts that need pla break easily. i found polymaker polymax pla and that is wanderful but to expensive for me. any one know a filamentr rwith same characteristic?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5v1ZLLX_WRY with european distributor? i m italian
thank you

Re: looking for similar plymax pla

hey op if your looking for information about 3d printers and filament come visit my site

Learn more information about 3d printing here

What printer are you using? You might be able to use TPU (Ninjaflex) for those parts.

Filastruder 2607 w/ Filawinder @1.75mm.
Dual-extruder MaxMicron Prusa Mendel: RAMPS 1.4 w/ Repetier Firmware+Full Graphic LCD Controller, stock hotends, 3Dator extruders w/ MK8 gears, insulated enclosure w/ 2 heat lamps, RPi 2B w/ Repetier Server.
0.1-0.2mm layer height, heated bed w/ PEI surface, inductive-sensor autolevel, 0.5mm to 0.2mm nozzle diameters.

4 (edited by carl_m1968 2017-05-12 19:17:41)

Have you tried PETG+? It seems to match the description of what you are using. It is a bit more tricky to use than PLA as you need to have your first layer just right as in not squished but very near your planned layer height. It is not a brittle as normal PLA.

Printing since 2009 and still love it!
Anycubic 4MAX best $225 ever invested.
Voxelabs Proxima SLA. 6 inch 2k Mono LCD.
Anycubic Predator, massive Delta machine. 450 x 370 print envelope.

JeremyLGSiegfried wrote:

What printer are you using? You might be able to use TPU (Ninjaflex) for those parts.

i have a raise n2 plus 3d printer.i have just printed flex 45 and tryed to print nijaflex. i wasn t able to print ninja i don t why. but tpu and similar are rubber and i need a rigid but tougher and less brittle of pla but not expensive like petg or polymax pla

mezzosacco wrote:
JeremyLGSiegfried wrote:

i have a raise n2 plus 3d printer.i have just printed flex 45 and tryed to print nijaflex. i wasn t able to print ninja i don t why. but tpu and similar are rubber and i need a rigid but tougher and less brittle of pla but not expensive like petg or polymax pla

You need to look at price versus quantity. With your Polymax you get 450 grams for $45 bucks. With PETG+ you get 1000 grams for $35 or less. PETG+ should meet your needs. The issue is that your need is very specific and there are only so many materials that meet all your needs.

carl_m1968 wrote:
mezzosacco wrote:
JeremyLGSiegfried wrote:

You need to look at price versus quantity. With your Polymax you get 450 grams for $45 bucks. With PETG+ you get 1000 grams for $35 or less. PETG+ should meet your needs. The issue is that your need is very specific and there are only so many materials that meet all your needs.

This is what i mean. https://youtu.be/1Q_uXb18RLA this is a pla filament but i didn t find it

8 (edited by carl_m1968 2017-05-13 15:01:39)

That is just regular PLA. If you use the correct settings and storage that is what you get. If you are getting brittle PLA chances are it has moisture in it. It soaks up moisture in the air and is not advised for humid climates. It must be stored in an airtight moisture proof container when not in use. This is why it is shipped in vacuum sealed bags. ABS and PETG are not as sensitive to moisture. From my experience I have found PLA to be only slightly less flexible than ABS. My issue with PLA is that it is biodegradable and cannot be used outdoors. That is why I use PETG which is nearly as strong as Poly carbonate but still slightly flexible.

polymax pla is the new formula of pla material. It is more flexible than regular pla. Maybe you could trial with TPU, it's flexible and has many hardness. Meanwhile, we also could provide this type of flexible pla filament.

Professial 3D Printing Filament Manufacturer
www.ecoreprap.com