1 (edited by myrand 2013-03-10 20:15:20)

Topic: software problems. . . .many. . . problems fixed.

hi folks
so, i recieved y printer this morning.

i am trying to setup the computer and nothing works.

python crash and now pronterface wll not open anymore.  i will be uninstalling everything again and try this one last time.

repetier seems to work but will not communicate with the printer. beat won't heat, axis won't work. driver installed, and reinstalled just in case i messed up.

i am in the process of uninstalling everything and starting from scratch.

i tried my linux platform just to see
with ubuntu precise pangolin, doesnt seems to work just like windows.

what the hell am i doing wrong ?

Re: software problems. . . .many. . . problems fixed.

which version of windows are you trying to install on?

With Repetier make sure you have the right Com port as shown in Device Manager.  If it is set to Virtual Printer, it won't work.

myrand wrote:

hi folks
so, i recieved y printer this morning.

i am trying to setup the computer and nothing works.

python crash and now pronterface wll not open anymore.  i will be uninstalling everything again and try this one last time.

repetier seems to work but will not communicate with the printer. beat won't heat, axis won't work. driver installed, and reinstalled just in case i messed up.

i am in the process of uninstalling everything and starting from scratch.

i tried my linux platform just to see
with ubuntu precise pangolin, doesnt seems to work just like windows.

what the hell am i doing wrong ?

When I first got mine two weeks ago, I had a simular problem, cause the usb/serial drivers failed to load.  When I went to repetier, It showed only one com port availiable...printer would not connect.   Then I checked in device manager and it showed no driver loaded for serial/usb port.   After I d/l the drivers, I re-started computer, and then in repetier, another com port appeared...selected that one and connected.   I don't use pronterface, just repetier and sclic3r.

now that thing is gving me a massive headache.

i manages to remore all the software, reinstall from scratch, somehow windows 7 tought that printer was a mouse. . . . .
got the driver installed for the port, got back to repetier and now the motors are working. . . nothiing heats.

can home x y and z but no axis will moove on manual mode. did a dry run and except for homing nothing happens.

seems like software problems again.

6 (edited by myrand 2013-03-10 20:15:01)

latest update.
tried many things, now i'll start from scratch agan since its all messed up.

pronterface won't work, it crashes python all the time.

xyz axis work on repetier.
bed and extruder will not heat. both not working, that does not sound like hardware problem to me.

i tried removing drivers, to install arduino drivers etc tc etc.

bottom line, windows still see that printer as it would be a mouse. that might explain why its half working.  if anyone have any ideas, let me know.

a+
BEN

update:
finally, no software problem.
the thermistor on the hod ed had its wires stretched during packing or transport and the software will not work if there is an open loop somewhere.   bypassed with a resitor and everything works just fine. didnt tested th extruder yet, waiting a fix for these 2 wires.

Ah... I was just going to post and ask you to copy any text in the log window at the bottom of the screen. smile

http://i.imgur.com/VNyBkfj.jpg

And to make sure you didn't have the printer plugged into a hub as it has to be plugged directly into the computer. I have not tried to plug it into a hub so not sure what the effects are??? if it does weird things or just doesn't work at all.

Glad to hear you have found the problem and hope you are up and printing soon smile

i ended up copyng the error message to google and the first results were related to a thermistor problem.
close look at it revealed that wires had ben pulled hard and broke(not the insulation, just the wire in it)

bypassed with a resistor to make that thing believe there was a temperature and suddently everything seems to work just fine. . . . . .

thank you google.