Topic: Workbench and Press Power Supply pin outs?

http://soliforum.com/i/?eTgAVRr.jpg

So i'm planning on upgrading the PSU on the workbench and I had used the press power supply and it seemed like it worked, abviously not enough Amps to get to heatup the bed much. The thing I don't understand is the Press is 24v and the Workbench is 12v how did this work?? or did I blow something even though it seems like it works. Well I ordered a 12v 30a and I want to wire it up to the Workbench so I'm trying to find out if this image above would be correct that the two top prongs are 12v and bottom are grounds and I could just wire it like that directly to the PSU.

Re: Workbench and Press Power Supply pin outs?

Within your bed heater is basically 2-12v heaters.  The safest thing to do would be use a DMM to check resistance.  You should be able to identify which pins go to each heater.  Keep in mind while wiring them to your new PSU, polarity does not matter.

Printit Industries Model 8.10 fully enclosed CoreXY, Chamber heat
3-SD3's & a Workbench all fully enclosed, RH-Slic3r Win7pro, E3D V6, Volcano & Cyclops Hot End
SSR/500W AC Heated Glass Bed, Linear bearings on SS rods. Direct Drive Y-axis, BulldogXL
Thanks to all for your contributions

But isn't that only If I was gonna wire the heatbed directly to the new PSU? I'm trying to still use the same daughter board so I just want to make sure of how the pins should be, If I was going to replace the whole motherboard with a ramps setup is there any wire diagrams? Or pics of what people did? Thanks for the reply

I think he is asking what the pinout on the Workbenches controllers power input is? HE wants to use the 30 amp 12 volt supply he bought and wants to connect it to the controller. he had a 24 volt supply connected and it seemed to work.

OP if this is your question then the connector in your image would be the way the new power supply connects. the two top pins are 12 volt and the two bottom are ground. so you could cut the cable from the 24 volt supply, and then use a meter to see which wires go to which pin and then connect those wires to the new supply.

Printing since 2009 and still love it!
Anycubic 4MAX best $225 ever invested.
Voxelabs Proxima SLA. 6 inch 2k Mono LCD.
Anycubic Predator, massive Delta machine. 450 x 370 print envelope.

Yeah,  I should have clarified.  Basically there are 3 12v power supply outputs on the original SD PSU.  Two run the bed heater the other runs the board.

Printit Industries Model 8.10 fully enclosed CoreXY, Chamber heat
3-SD3's & a Workbench all fully enclosed, RH-Slic3r Win7pro, E3D V6, Volcano & Cyclops Hot End
SSR/500W AC Heated Glass Bed, Linear bearings on SS rods. Direct Drive Y-axis, BulldogXL
Thanks to all for your contributions

carl_m1968 wrote:

I think he is asking what the pinout on the Workbenches controllers power input is? HE wants to use the 30 amp 12 volt supply he bought and wants to connect it to the controller. he had a 24 volt supply connected and it seemed to work.

OP if this is your question then the connector in your image would be the way the new power supply connects. the two top pins are 12 volt and the two bottom are ground. so you could cut the cable from the 24 volt supply, and then use a meter to see which wires go to which pin and then connect those wires to the new supply.

thanks I ended up taking the risk and used a multimeter , scary because one slight move with such close pins would destroy a very rare power supply. I ended up finding a source for a replacement power supply for the workbench I'll post it here later with pics so hopefully it can be for some use to people that still want to use the stock board and is missing a power supply