1 (edited by jayjayn 2017-05-05 10:22:41)

Topic: Sooo got my first Solidoodle machines now I could use some help =)

Sooo after 4 hours of driving and 3 hours trying to test these Machines I ended up buying them in a broken state since I didn't want to go home empty handed.

Originally I came just for the Workbench it was untested and a customer return, the person on the phone assured me that they should be functional but sold as is.

Well the workbench was "tested" but when I checked it was missing the power supply, seriously bummed me out but at least the parts it self seemed ok. Luckily they had a Press that I was gonna gonna try to get if I could get it cheap.

After all the testing , the press couldn't extrude properly it would have heatbuild up in the heatbreak.

With the Workbench I learned that the power supply from the press isn't sufficient enough and that 4 pin plug is probably for the heatbed. So I was able to get a barrel plug and used from another printer a 12v 5a power supply and try to test to see what happens and it started and "prints-ish", probably lacking power since the second extruder doesn't work so does anybody know the wiring of the heatbed and the whole system to plug to a 12v 30a PSU?

Also I'm having issues with the X/Y carriages getting binded and I have taken them apart loosened it and it seems better but it still gets binded. Is there upgraded carriages I could use from the other Solidoodles that are compatible? Is there a list of what to upgrade on the workbench to make it a working machine? I definitely want to upgrade the hotends but not sure if the ones from thingiverse is compatible with the workbench. Anyhelp would be appreciated thanks!

I have mostly experience with delta's and I have 4 of them and in the process of building a CoreXY type my self.

http://soliforum.com/i/?VFfSHyJ.jpg

2 (edited by jagowilson 2017-05-05 15:22:06)

Re: Sooo got my first Solidoodle machines now I could use some help =)

The press runs on 24V, so it's a good thing the power supply didn't fit as the Workbench is 12V. I recommend you get a Supernight power supply to power the thing, a bit of a wiring mess but it will work and provide consistent power. I use one on all my machines.

3 (edited by jayjayn 2017-05-05 20:02:16)

Re: Sooo got my first Solidoodle machines now I could use some help =)

Really 24v?? The presses power port does fit into the 4prong and it did power the Z axis motor and heater on the workbench but not enough to heat it up much and the z axis was really slow.

awesome do u have a pic of the wiring diagram or a pic of how u wired it to the psu? I ordered this one one Amazon to get it faster. This should work right?

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00D7CWS … dp_summary