Topic: Pallet jamming between Auger and barrel feeding hole..!!!!

I made a custom filament extruder... Every thing looks fine I followed the same arrangement as most people do... BUT problem is that when I run the motor with loaded resin/pallet auger bit jam due to the pallet sucking between barrel feeding hole as shown in the photo attached... what is the main reason of this issue... How to solve this please... ?

Post's attachments

IMG_20170222_002416.jpg 1.15 mb, file has never been downloaded. 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

2 (edited by Kronikabuse 2017-02-22 13:54:35)

Re: Pallet jamming between Auger and barrel feeding hole..!!!!

Oh wow that's a bit of a hack job on the barrel. I'd start by getting that smoothed out. Is your barrel insulated and are you letting it get up to temp and waiting 20 mins for the heat to soak in everywhere?

Sd4 #9080 with a glass bed. E3d chimera duel extruder. Paste extruder , duet wifi.
Lawsy carriages. linear bearings. Y axis direct drive, Kinect scanner
SD4#8188 glass bed, lawsly carriages, E3d v6, octoprint http://www.ustream.tv/channel/hotrod96z28
Filastruder/filawinder, Custom Delta 300mm x 600mm

If the barrel opening is cut cleanly, the inside edge is sharp enough to slice any pellets that get jammed.

Thanks every one..I enclose the heater with the help of a piece of glass-wool. I have also changed the barrel and drill a hole about 0.5" on its perimeter.... I have sharpened the edge of hole and  Now it is working...Now I am working on filament puller...

Post's attachments

IMG_20170302_212228.jpg
IMG_20170302_212228.jpg 1.55 mb, file has never been downloaded. 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.