26 (edited by carl_m1968 2017-06-09 22:04:26)

Re: EMUTAG - Easiest control for read and write

Richie0032 wrote:

Can someone show a step by step using mifare ultralite using an android phone I'm still a little confused putting the uid

Mifare does not work as this is not a Mifare chip you are dealing with. Try using RFID NFC Tool.

Printing since 2009 and still love it!
Anycubic 4MAX best $225 ever invested.
Voxelabs Proxima SLA. 6 inch 2k Mono LCD.
Anycubic Predator, massive Delta machine. 450 x 370 print envelope.

27 (edited by Richie0032 2017-06-10 14:15:39)

Can you show step by step using RFID NFC Tool

28 (edited by mjf55 2017-06-17 02:43:16)

Richie0032 wrote:

Can someone show a step by step using mifare ultralite using an android phone I'm still a little confused putting the uid

I know this is thread is a little old, but I hope you see it. 
I too could not use the MIFARE++ Ultralitght app at all.  It NEVER read anything.  Even failed on my EMUtag whereas the RFID NFC Tool app worked.
HOWEVER, I found there is a specific process ( sequence of events) that must be followed or you will get no response.  Here they are.
0 - Make sure that the battieries are installed and the little paper that says 'Pull Me' is removed.  Dont ask me why this is # 0.
1- Make sure your android NFC is on ( in the settings)
2- Open the app ( MIFARE++ Ultralight ).
3- Press the READ button.
4- NOW place the phone over the EMUtag (real close or touching ).  You may need to move the phone a little to find the android NFC antenna. 

It is a little slow, but it works.
It has read perfectly for me ( 8 of 8 tries )

Hope this helps.

29 (edited by Richie0032 2017-06-19 07:42:57)

Yes I got that, where I'm stuck is that put the uid pack pass on what lines and how to read the excel list that was put together. The his shows 14 characters when you only can only enter 8.
I have my emutag on a plug instead of the batteries so that's not the issue. Thanks for the help.

30 (edited by mjf55 2017-06-20 09:16:51)

Richie0032 wrote:

Yes I got that, where I'm stuck is that put the uid pack pass on what lines and how to read the excel list that was put together. The his shows 14 characters when you only can only enter 8.
I have my emutag on a plug instead of the batteries so that's not the issue. Thanks for the help.

Richie, This should help you some.  The easiest way to get started is to copy/paste kallt_kaffe data that he posted here ( http://www.soliforum.com/post/134377/#p134377 ) into a text file.  It is currently set up with a valid UID, Password and PACK.  You can just use it as is.  You MUST save it with only LF ( not CR LF ) for the end of line.  The easiest way is either to use Linux, or use Notepad++ and under the EDIT -> EOL Conversion -> select UNIX (LF).  An easy way to test it is done correctly is after saving the file, open it in NOTEPAD ( not NOTEPAD++) and it should appesaar as a long single line.
Now just transfer that file to your android phone, and using the MIFARE++ Ultralitght app, Load the file and Write the file to the EMUtag.  You are now ready to use it.

Now, for the CSV file and how to read it, hear is an example ( first line )
Card UID                                            Psw                              PAK   
4    6C    64    2A    B4    42    80        8A    4E    27    6C        8B    1E
^
Note the 4 above is 04 as excel drops the leading 0

The first 3 bytes (04 6C 64 ) goes into Page 0, ( and counting bytes left to right starting at 0 ) bytes 0, 1 2.
The next 4 bytes (2A B4 42 80) goes into Page 1, bytes 0,1,2,3

The Psw ( Password ) goes into Page 0x2B ( 43 decimal ) bytes 0,1,2,3
The Pack goes into Page 0x2C (44 decimal) bytes 0,1.

See this link for Page and data dafynitions. -> http://www.soliforum.com/post/128824/#p128824

So I hope that answers you questions.  Have fun..........

EDIT: how did you hook up your EMUtag to the plug?  I want to do the same thing and wanted your input.  thanks

Very simple solder and you can use a micro usb phone plug is good enough and I just keep plug in.

MFJ55 if you need any help let me know thx for the info but I still stuck trying to use my phone to write the uid pack and pass on the emutag with my android like I said you can only fit 8 characters but it has 12 just confused.

http://soliforum.com/i/?d7ihCLo.jpg
http://soliforum.com/i/?VPbVG78.jpg
http://soliforum.com/i/?XJIa7oT.jpg

Richie0032 wrote:

Very simple solder and you can use a micro usb phone plug is good enough and I just keep plug in.

MFJ55 if you need any help let me know thx for the info but I still stuck trying to use my phone to write the uid pack and pass on the emutag with my android like I said you can only fit 8 characters but it has 12 just confused.

I am a little confused with this post. It appears as though you are powering the EMU Tag from the Nano. How are you updating the EMU Tag using the same Nano?

I'm trying to do it with my android that's where I'm stuck at.

Richie0032 wrote:

I'm trying to do it with my android that's where I'm stuck at.

Wouldn't it be easier to get a PN532, attach it to your Nano and update with it? Just solder the pins on the opposite side of the EMU.

I can't really help with an Adroid as I don't have a phone that's capable.

I'm going to do that better thank you for your help everyone.

The only issue here is that once you power off the nano and thus the emutag it will lose all its settings.
You'll then have to use a new card uid.