Topic: kisslicer

I tried it tonight for the first time, slicing was very fast. Odd tho when it starting printing , the extruder didn't function. it went thru all movements but no filament came out. I am sure that I am missing something in the set up but don't see how to correct it.

SD3, E3D hotend,linear bearing on x/y axis',pillow block bearing on y conneting rod, ball bearngs on front y axis, fan on y stepper motor.

Re: kisslicer

Put the start g-code from your slic3r profile into the start gcode section of the kisslicer preferences.

Kinda lost here, doesn't ksslicer created start and end gcodes?

SD3, E3D hotend,linear bearing on x/y axis',pillow block bearing on y conneting rod, ball bearngs on front y axis, fan on y stepper motor.

you can put in custom start gcode.  This is what I use for my ABS prints in kisslicer.

M140 S70 ;set bed to 70
M97 A0.03 W1.41 P170 ;banding firmware hack
G21; set mm units
G28 ;home all axis
G90; set absolute coordinates
G92 E0; reset extruder distance
M190 S70 ;set and wait for bed temp of 70 to be reached
M104 S195; set extruder temp and start heating
G1 Z5 F300 ;move platform down 5mm
G1 X5 Y5 F3000 ;move extruder to front left
M109 S195; wait for extruder temp to be reached
G1 Z[first_layer_height] F200 ;move platform close to nozzle
G1 E7 ;extruder anchor
G92 E0; reset extrusion distance
G1 F3000; Set feed rate for first move.

thanks, i'll try that

Anyone tried kisslicer pro?  I really like kisslicer for the most part its fast and produces better prints than any version of slic3r.  One thing I don't like is how it can't handle problematic geometry as well as slic3r but maybe the pro version works better?