Re: Davinci Jr and Mini Regional Tag Swap

videtrombon wrote:
CoolArts wrote:

I'm willing to swap 1 or 2 TAGS with someone, i'm located in Europe. I don't care about distances.
Regards!

pedrodavidmartinperez wrote:

I have 3 ntag to exchange in Spain

chetosvsgeez wrote:

I have two other tags ready to exchange

Thanks Christoffer

Does anyone know if the newest version of XYZware allow modified TAGS at all? I have not updated it in fear of anything would stop working.

XYZ will NEVER ALLOW modified tags as it goes against their business models. They make cheap printers simply because they rely on filament sales to make money. If they ever ALLOWED modified tags then they would have to nearly double their price on printers to make any real profit.

Printing since 2009 and still love it!
Anycubic 4MAX best $225 ever invested.
Voxelabs Proxima SLA. 6 inch 2k Mono LCD.
Anycubic Predator, massive Delta machine. 450 x 370 print envelope.

carl_m1968 wrote:
videtrombon wrote:
CoolArts wrote:

I'm willing to swap 1 or 2 TAGS with someone, i'm located in Europe. I don't care about distances.
Regards!

chetosvsgeez wrote:

Thanks Christoffer

Does anyone know if the newest version of XYZware allow modified TAGS at all? I have not updated it in fear of anything would stop working.

XYZ will NEVER ALLOW modified tags as it goes against their business models. They make cheap printers simply because they rely on filament sales to make money. If they ever ALLOWED modified tags then they would have to nearly double their price on printers to make any real profit.

It's the printer firmware that doesn't allow the hacked tags, not the xyzware software.
But.. watch out for this software trying or insisting that you update the printer firmware..
My printer has never been connected to my pc, I only print via sd card.

cgrillo wrote:
carl_m1968 wrote:
videtrombon wrote:

It's the printer firmware that doesn't allow the hacked tags, not the xyzware software.
But.. watch out for this software trying or insisting that you update the printer firmware..

Now you guys confuse me. What I really asked was if the newest version of XYZware accept someone else's NFC TAG set to 200 meter (da Vinci mini and Mac OS)?
And if it works, is anyone up for an exchange?

videtrombon wrote:
carl_m1968 wrote:
videtrombon wrote:

Now you guys confuse me. What I really asked was if the newest version of XYZware accept someone else's NFC TAG set to 200 meter (da Vinci mini and Mac OS)?
And if it works, is anyone up for an exchange?

It is not the software that checks the tag. It is the printers internal firmware. If the printer has never seen the tag then it should work in theory.

The software issue is that it tries to force you to update the firmware.

That being the case if XYZ creates a fix to prevent you from swapping tags then the software will request you to update the firmware which would result in you being unable to swap tags. That's why most don't let it update or keep it disconnected so it does not know there is an update.

Hi Guys,

I have a Da Vinci mini W.

iIhave a 300m tag ,

I get the password in the passwords post (  thanks ) , th e pass works fine ,

i can reset the meter  following the instructables guide  with the androdin app.

The softare shows the reset but when  i try print  the software show error. Anyone can help me ?

See images atached.

Thanks and escusme my english.

http://soliforum.com/i/?lyzpuOG.jpg
http://soliforum.com/i/?y6KLpl6.jpg
http://soliforum.com/i/?me7Xqmo.jpg
http://soliforum.com/i/?GumgriT.jpg
http://soliforum.com/i/?0brDaOd.jpg
I am from Spain ( Galicia ) if anyone wish tag exchange ro other cuestions.

Thanks in advance

You haven't quite done your homework.
The printer you have will not accept cards it has seen being refilled.
It knows the card UID and the last length available - if this increases it will not accept it.

I believe you have 2 options.
1)  Tag swap
2)  Get an EMUTAG.

trucas244 wrote:

Hi Guys,

I have a Da Vinci mini W.

iIhave a 300m tag ,

I get the password in the passwords post (  thanks ) , th e pass works fine ,

i can reset the meter  following the instructables guide  with the androdin app.

The softare shows the reset but when  i try print  the software show error. Anyone can help me ?

See images atached.

Thanks and escusme my english.

I am from Spain ( Galicia ) if anyone wish tag exchange ro other cuestions.

Thanks in advance

I have 1 Tag ins Spain , reset to 200M.

anyone in spain to exchange ?

Thanks

videtrombon wrote:
CoolArts wrote:

Regards!

chetosvsgeez wrote:

Thanks Christoffer

I have one TAG ready to swap, 0,9 meters left from a da Vinci mini w. Distance does not matter since it is (almost) the same price to ship it in Sweden or to the world... I can reset the TAG to either 200 or 300 meters smile

trucas244 wrote:

I have 1 Tag ins Spain , reset to 200M.

anyone in spain to exchange ?

Thanks

videtrombon wrote:
CoolArts wrote:

Regards!

chetosvsgeez wrote:

Thanks Christoffer

I have one TAG ready to swap, 0,9 meters left from a da Vinci mini w. Distance does not matter since it is (almost) the same price to ship it in Sweden or to the world... I can reset the TAG to either 200 or 300 meters smile

The software does not check the tag. It is the firmware inside the printer that checks it. You have to make sure you are not running the latest firmware and make sure that you never update the firmware.

Looking to exchange a couple tags in USA.  Msg me for details.

Could we actualize the list of everyone participating in the Tag Swap and where they are from?

I'm from Brazil and my email for TAG swapping is [email protected], tks!

Austria
    majorfox
    Kawareiter

Brazil
   guimar.jr
   leopec

France
    silentman
    donox59
    omg-prod

Germany
    Xenolphthalein
    FrankLichters
    dofuchs1

Italy
   ignazio

Spain
    CoolArts
    sicicop
    chetosvsgeez
    fj.aquino
    pedrodavidmartinperez

Sweden
    kallt_kaffe
    leihog
    zheli
    videtrombon
    Christoffer

Turkey
   wolfiem

United Kingdom
    cgrillo
    robertg97
    Bazzatron
    s.ogorman
    xboxdevil
    Velvet Mark
    Woody565

United States
    Bozotclown1970
    rlayton
    sleekster
    andmiller
    Yogiber
    michaelsmith70815
    archiewong

Add me to the list.  I don't have any at present, but will have soon.

mjf55 wrote:

Need to know what country you are in

Bozotclown1970 wrote:
mjf55 wrote:

duh.   USA,

Hi,
add me to the list. I'm German and I have 3 tags to swap yet. At this moment I'm to stupid/unable (lack of knowledge and hardware) to prepare a tag myself. But I hope, by swapping them with someone who can, it will help me too.

215 (edited by cgrillo 2017-06-26 09:47:07)

glette wrote:

Hi,
add me to the list. I'm German and I have 3 tags to swap yet. At this moment I'm to stupid/unable (lack of knowledge and hardware) to prepare a tag myself. But I hope, by swapping them with someone who can, it will help me too.

It's a bit unfair asking the person who is supplying you the card to set it up for you also - when you can't do the same for them.
Some people may not mind though.

At minimum you should both supply the card password each time the card is swapped as that is required.

I'm in Germany this week smile

cgrillo wrote:
glette wrote:

Hi,

It's a bit unfair asking the person who is supplying you the card to set it up for you also - when you can't do the same for them.

At minimum you should both supply the card password each time the card is swapped as that is required.

Do I not need hardware to get the password? My Android isn't able to. In the first place I wanted to let you guys know that there is another one who can deliver tags. I hopefully be able to make a setup by myself soon.   yikes

217 (edited by cgrillo 2017-06-26 11:33:18)

glette wrote:
cgrillo wrote:
glette wrote:

Hi,

Do I not need hardware to get the password? My Android isn't able to. In the first place I wanted to let you guys know that there is another one who can deliver tags. I hopefully be able to make a setup by myself soon.   yikes

There are a number of ways to get the passwords.

1) Get a logic sniffer and attach it to the printer and sniff the password used.
There is an instructable that details this - I think.

2) Get an emutag and use that to sniff the password (additional hardware required)

3) Buy a password.
http://www.soliforum.com/topic/15817/da … -requests/

#3 is why most people require the password when swapping cards..

cgrillo wrote:
glette wrote:
cgrillo wrote:

1) Get a logic sniffer and attach it to the printer and sniff the password used.

2) Get an emutag and use that to sniff the password (additional hardware required)

3) Buy a password.

I read that. But how do I get the card UID to buy a password?

219 (edited by Bozotclown1970 2017-06-26 13:48:44)

glette wrote:
cgrillo wrote:
glette wrote:

3) Buy a password.

I read that. But how do I get the card UID to buy a password?

Your phone should be capable of reading the first 7 pages of a tag with out the password. The UID is in the first 2 pages. That is all we need to generate the password with.

Please post password thread in the appropriate thread. This thread is for tag swapping.

mjf55 wrote:
Bozotclown1970 wrote:
mjf55 wrote:

duh.   USA,

Mr Clown, I hope that this did not come off wrong.  Its like a head slap on me kind of Duh.

mjf55 wrote:
mjf55 wrote:
Bozotclown1970 wrote:

duh.   USA,

Mr Clown, I hope that this did not come off wrong.  Its like a head slap on me kind of Duh.

Sorry about that, I am kinda old and I missed you blog name location.  sad

222 (edited by mjf55 2017-06-29 03:43:09)

Bozotclown1970 wrote:
mjf55 wrote:
mjf55 wrote:

duh.   USA,

Sorry about that, I am kinda old and I missed you blog name location.  sad

Na, I updated my location after your valid question.  I was just poking fun at myself.  Wasting too many electrons on this tangent.

Anyway , once I can reset my tags, I'll be good to go.

hey,

can you add me to the list, I live in The Netherlands I don't have any empty tags yet but i will have soon.

Feel free to add me to the list.  I live in the US (east coast if that matters).

Hi All. I've just bought a Da Vinci Jr and am based in the UK. It came with firmware 2.2.7 installed, so reading through this site leads me to believe that tag swapping is my only option if I ever want to use a colour beyond the pathetic range that xyz offer. (Don't mind the prices. But no purple, brown, grey etc??? ) At present, I have 6 tags on the go.

Would some one mind just clarifying from me that I have the process for a tag swap correct?

1. Use a tag until it's ALMOST finished. (Not totally as that locks the card)
2. Follow the instructions in the other thread to buy a password for the tag.
3. Find a willing person to swap tags with.
4. Reset tag to colour and length required by the swapee.
5. Mail tag and await return.

Is that correct?

Many thanks!