Re: Davinci Jr and Mini Regional Tag Swap

PeppermintGreen wrote:

Hi All. I've just bought a Da Vinci Jr and am based in the UK. It came with firmware 2.2.7 installed, so reading through this site leads me to believe that tag swapping is my only option if I ever want to use a colour beyond the pathetic range that xyz offer. (Don't mind the prices. But no purple, brown, grey etc??? ) At present, I have 6 tags on the go.

Would some one mind just clarifying from me that I have the process for a tag swap correct?

1. Use a tag until it's ALMOST finished. (Not totally as that locks the card)
2. Follow the instructions in the other thread to buy a password for the tag.
3. Find a willing person to swap tags with.
4. Reset tag to colour and length required by the swapee.
5. Mail tag and await return.

Is that correct?

Many thanks!

Looks like you have the tag swapping steps correct, but you do have another option also. You can purchase an EMU Tag and a EMU updater from cgrillo and have access to over 200 different tags.

Oooooh! That sounds more like it! So I buy the tag from eBay and the updater from cgrillo and that allows me to reprogram the tag with a list of codes that he provides?  Total cost is some £60+shipping but for that, I'm free from xyz filament for 200 rolls?

PeppermintGreen wrote:

Oooooh! That sounds more like it! So I buy the tag from eBay and the updater from cgrillo and that allows me to reprogram the tag with a list of codes that he provides?  Total cost is some £60+shipping but for that, I'm free from xyz filament for 200 rolls?

You got it. He will also provide you with software for updating the EMU.

Sweet!  Thank you so much!

That's what we are here for.  smile

Hi Bozotclown.  Just wanted to stop by and thank you again for the emutag recommendation!  I ordered it off ebay and it arrived today. I tested it with the tag manager software and it worked perfectly!  Allowing me to pint off a nametag for my daughter in her favourite colour!  (Pink!) 

So again, thank you for helping a newbie see the light!

HD,

PeppermintGreen wrote:

Hi Bozotclown.  Just wanted to stop by and thank you again for the emutag recommendation!  I ordered it off ebay and it arrived today. I tested it with the tag manager software and it worked perfectly!  Allowing me to pint off a nametag for my daughter in her favourite colour!  (Pink!) 

So again, thank you for helping a newbie see the light!

HD,

You are more than welcome. As far as I can see the EMU Tag is the only way to go.

Absolutely! Just need to print off something to hold it in place now. To replace the elastic band I used on the test print! :-D

One other question if I may? The tag manager software claims to come with 400+ tags. But the current download only seems to contain a csv file containing 21. Do you know where I could find the full list? 

Many thanks!

234 (edited by mjf55 2017-08-18 00:39:35)

PeppermintGreen wrote:

One other question if I may? The tag manager software claims to come with 400+ tags. But the current download only seems to contain a csv file containing 21. Do you know where I could find the full list? 

Many thanks!

There is no other csv list other that the one that WAS posted by CGRILLOm but I cannot seem to find.  As the author of the Da Vinci Tag Manager, what I did was start with the csv file, then go thru the last 50 or so pages of the password thread and add all that that had a pack code.  That is in a SQLITE database.  I the release version has 427 uid / password / pack code sets.  My private version has 525 and growing.

235 (edited by cgrillo 2017-08-18 07:06:23)

PeppermintGreen wrote:

Absolutely! Just need to print off something to hold it in place now. To replace the elastic band I used on the test print! :-D

Many thanks!

if you bought the hardware/software from either myself or @bozot.. then drop us a PM asking for the CSV file.

Hi cgrillo.  I haven't yet bought the tool from yourself.  As this is all new to me, I'm working through the process one bit at a time.  I got the EMUTag and was just trying to see if I can use the Tag Manager software with my NFC phone.  The tool said it comes with hundreds of codes, but when I install it, it doesn't seem to.  (Probably something I've done) I didn't realize the file specifically belonged to someone. Believe me I'm not trying to pinch anything!

PeppermintGreen wrote:

Hi cgrillo.  I haven't yet bought the tool from yourself.  As this is all new to me, I'm working through the process one bit at a time.  I got the EMUTag and was just trying to see if I can use the Tag Manager software with my NFC phone.  The tool said it comes with hundreds of codes, but when I install it, it doesn't seem to.  (Probably something I've done) I didn't realize the file specifically belonged to someone. Believe me I'm not trying to pinch anything!

Don't worry - all the details in the CSV I compile are from the Passwords thread here.  Anyone can use the info in any thread - they just have to do the compiling themselves smile

I don't know about the Tag Manager software as I don't have an android phone..

PeppermintGreen wrote:

Many thanks!

If you are looking for something to hold your tag in your printer. Check out https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1920582. This is what I am using.

That's perfect!  Thank you!

PeppermintGreen wrote:

That's perfect!  Thank you!

I hope it works for you. I know another guy that it using it on his mini so it should work for you.

I am in Brazil and I have chips to exchange.

Dear All,

Someone can help me to get the password to reset my XYZ Filament tag. I use my S7 phone with RFID NFC Tool.
http://soliforum.com/i/?dZ0mOQ9.png

Hey guys, newbie to 3D printing here. I bought the JR 1 from Microcenter because they had a brand new one for $150, but now I'm realizing how fricking difficult this machine is. If anyone has any old chips, and lives in America (I'm in MD), I would be interested in buying. Thank you!

244 (edited by mjf55 2017-09-27 02:09:35)

bertmag wrote:

Hey guys, newbie to 3D printing here. I bought the JR 1 from Microcenter because they had a brand new one for $150, but now I'm realizing how fricking difficult this machine is. If anyone has any old chips, and lives in America (I'm in MD), I would be interested in buying. Thank you!

Did you get a password for it yet?  If so, I can swap you one.  I'll reset mine so it is ready.  PM me for further details.

EDIT   - Whats difficult about this machine?  Except for trying to workaround the NFC tag stuff,  I find it pretty much plug and play.  I always get decent prints., well almost always and in my opinion ;-)

245 (edited by sethgandy 2017-09-27 19:13:51)

Have a tag, 200m black, looking for a swap.
Have the password, reset the data, ready to go.

Colorado, USA. Pm me smile

sethgandy wrote:

Have a tag, 200m black, looking for a swap.
Have the password, reset the data, ready to go.

Colorado, USA. Pm me smile

Did you find a swap partner yet? If not PM me and we can work something out.

Have 2 tags, looking for a swap

Have 1 tag, looking for a swap .i'm from italy ....

i have a tag looking to swap ny usa here
unlocked 200m and i have the code

The code is no longer needed as there is a hack to get password and pack code now. People will need to know where yu are located. You can also order some paper tags and use them now as they are cheap.