Re: XYZ Printing Da Vinci Jr (w) / Da Vinci Mini (w) Hacking

Which firmware version should we order?

andmiller wrote:

Which firmware version should we order?

NTAG213 - as that's the type of card we're using.
(Again, if you mention "cgrillo", he'll make sure that you're ordering the correct one)

cgrillo wrote:
franklichters wrote:
cgrillo wrote:

For those that are interested in how we get the passwords for the cards...

The hardware we're using is the EMUTag
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MIFARE-ULTRAL … 237ac626b4

If you order one - just put a comment that "cgrillo" referred you smile

It's just getting a "password sniffer" firmware upgrade too - so there will be no need to even have a logic sniffer.
Just set the UID, give it to the printer and try to do something.
It will fail, but the password that was sent by the printer will be stored in the card now - and you'll be able to read it back.
This way anybody with one of these will be able to help out with passwords - not just the two of us..

ALSO

For those with Minis - this card can also be used to fully replicate the NTAG cards you have and so using the CS file in page 1 of this thread - you can use the UID, Password and most importantly - the PACK to set your card up.
When it's "empty" just select a new ID and the corresponding password and PACK.

Ok i think i understand it...
But any turorial... Use the emutag and the CS files.. And so on

CSV file on P1 - was a typo sorry.
I can't give a tutorial for the phone as I reckon the app won't allow writing to Pages 0 & 1.
You need your own app or Arduino code of your own to do this.
Giving a tutorial on my own app wouldn't too good - unless I wanted to distribute my own source code...  which is fine, but also tied to the hardware i'm using with the Arduino.  The hardware being a PN532

Ok... What i need to read and write this NTAG of ebay on my PC?
Because... What u must write (or read) with the NTAG of ebay
Thats what i dont understand.. See the list on page 1... But what i must Do to Program the NTAG?
Thats what i need for a turorial... The new programming NTAG of ebay is clean!?

franklichters wrote:
cgrillo wrote:
franklichters wrote:

Ok i think i understand it...
But any turorial... Use the emutag and the CS files.. And so on

CSV file on P1 - was a typo sorry.
I can't give a tutorial for the phone as I reckon the app won't allow writing to Pages 0 & 1.
You need your own app or Arduino code of your own to do this.
Giving a tutorial on my own app wouldn't too good - unless I wanted to distribute my own source code...  which is fine, but also tied to the hardware i'm using with the Arduino.  The hardware being a PN532

Ok... What i need to read and write this NTAG of ebay on my PC?
Because... What u must write (or read) with the NTAG of ebay
Thats what i dont understand.. See the list on page 1... But what i must Do to Program the NTAG?
Thats what i need for a turorial... The new programming NTAG of ebay is clean!?

At the moment, you can't use these cheap NTAGs as you don't know the PACK that the printer is expecting.

If any of you are looking at purchasing the EMUTAG, then here's an instructable that I have put together.

http://www.instructables.com/id/EMUTAG- … -Printers/

Hi everybody,
I have  a brand new da vincity jr, that comes with its included spool. I still haven't put it in the printer.
Is it a good idea try to read the nfc chip with my android phone, ask you for the password, get then  the pack no and try to rewrite new values (300 meters) in the chip ??? Or its not possible because the spool is not regular size (100m vs 200)

Thanks in advance

Hey Cgrillo,

Will your emutag software work with the RC522 chip, as I have that one as it was recommended in the other indestructible for the reader software.

Many thanks
Simon

cgrillo wrote:

If any of you are looking at purchasing the EMUTAG, then here's an instructable that I have put together.

58 (edited by a0918058111 2017-01-09 07:08:02)

Hi all, I'd like to request the password for my NFC tag:
http://soliforum.com/i/?2qUm9Iv.jpg

59 (edited by cgrillo 2017-01-09 09:31:30)

s.ogorman wrote:

Hey Cgrillo,

Will your emutag software work with the RC522 chip, as I have that one as it was recommended in the other indestructible for the reader software.

Many thanks
Simon

cgrillo wrote:

It's more of a case of will the RC522 chip work with the other software (RFID Reader,Writer Starter Kit ) as that is the main piece of software.
My small app uses the Arduino Software that comes with that - so if your card works with it, them my app will work with your card.

Sorry posting previous question,
but I don´t want to put the filamente cartridge in my new da vincity jr (the one that comes with the printer -100m- ) if is better first  read the nfc chip with my android phone, ask you for the password, get then  the pack no and try to rewrite new values (300 meters) in the chip.
Any suggestion will be apreciated

a0918058111 wrote:

Hi all, I'd like to request the password for my NFC tag:

It may be easier to request it in the correct thread.
http://www.soliforum.com/topic/15817/da … -requests/

Yes it does work with the RFID Reader,Writer Starter Kit, I thought that maybe your software calls for the library of your card and not the RC522. I will check it out once I get one smile thanks for the tutorial !!

cgrillo wrote:
s.ogorman wrote:

Hey Cgrillo,

Many thanks
Simon

cgrillo wrote:

It's more of a case of will the RC522 chip work with the other software (RFID Reader,Writer Starter Kit ) as that is the main piece of software.
My small app uses the Arduino Software that comes with that - so if your card works with it, them my app will work with your card.

s.ogorman wrote:

Yes it does work with the RFID Reader,Writer Starter Kit, I thought that maybe your software calls for the library of your card and not the RC522. I will check it out once I get one smile thanks for the tutorial !!

cgrillo wrote:
s.ogorman wrote:

Hey Cgrillo,

Many thanks
Simon

I did have problems with a cheap version of a RC522 - it simply didn't work for me, although the developer of the software certainly states that it should work.
I put it down to a dodgy card and just bought a PN532 instead.

Hello guys ,
the Key of our Problem is the xyzWare and an implimeted Filament check ! ive found the Part in the xyz Ware today as i decompiled the Programm . now im searching a way to change it but i am not good in Programming

Hi,
i've had a look at EMUTAG : http://www.instructables.com/id/EMUTAG- … -Printers/

This instructable says :

"XYZ have been clever in their post v2.2.0 Jr firmware versions and all Mini firmware versions and this stops you using "refilled" NFC tags as it seems to remember the Card UID and the previous length remaining.

Using this method, if you have other UIDs, Passwords and PACK codes, then the printer thinks you have a new "original" NFC card and will allow you to continue printing with your favourite non-XYZ branded PLA."

Does it work for the 2.2.7 ?
For now everything i read says there is no solution sad
I'm really (loke many many others for sure) willing to hack the 2.2.7 to use others PLA rolls, and ready to help for what i can offer to find a solution.

ArNo26 wrote:

Hi,
i've had a look at EMUTAG : http://www.instructables.com/id/EMUTAG- … -Printers/

This instructable says :

"XYZ have been clever in their post v2.2.0 Jr firmware versions and all Mini firmware versions and this stops you using "refilled" NFC tags as it seems to remember the Card UID and the previous length remaining.

Using this method, if you have other UIDs, Passwords and PACK codes, then the printer thinks you have a new "original" NFC card and will allow you to continue printing with your favourite non-XYZ branded PLA."

I'm really (loke many many others for sure) willing to hack the 2.2.7 to use others PLA rolls, and ready to help for what i can offer to find a solution.

It does work, provided you flash the card before ever putting the chip into the printer, if you are willing to hack and have knowledge then take a look at this thread and see if you can help out.

http://www.soliforum.com/topic/13769/da … tier-port/

ArNo26 wrote:

Hi,

This instructable says :

Yes, it will fully work for 2.2.7 if you use a new card UID, Password and PACK code each time you "refill" the card.
Look at P1 of the password request thread for that info. (I could not put that in the instructable)
Using that info, you have 100+ sets of card details to use.

68 (edited by Xenolphthalein 2017-01-10 09:11:24)

Hello 3dBremen,

i already checked the software and found out, that it is indeed checked on software level, but also on firmware level of the printer. I altered the source code of xyzware and it did help nothing. The check on firmware level is currently blocking us.

Regards,

Xenolphthalein

@all: Updated the first post to fit our newest findings.

3dBremen wrote:

Hello guys ,
the Key of our Problem is the xyzWare and an implimeted Filament check ! ive found the Part in the xyz Ware today as i decompiled the Programm . now im searching a way to change it but i am not good in Programming

We have to change this Part in Firmware http://soliforum.com/i/?a3652fW.jpg

Ok didnt noticed your answer before i posted this pic .
Does anybody have a Firmware local on Computer ? or is benable to extract the files out of the Machine ?

3dBremen wrote:

We have to change this Part in Firmware

This has already been looked into - the firmware is encrypted.
Many people have decompiled the app and looked into it, but the Firmware is King in allowing/disallowing the print to go ahead.

Does anybody has take a look into FW ? Or does anybody has the FW local on PC saved

73 (edited by kallt_kaffe 2017-01-10 11:54:52)

3dBremen wrote:

Does anybody has take a look into FW ? Or does anybody has the FW local on PC saved

Check your C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Temp

I have a bunch of firmwares there with the latest being firmware.bin and checking the file with a hexeditor shows that the first line contains som version information and for me it is 1.1.4 which is the latest firmware I received for my Mini W.

Still, as I understand all Mini and Junior firmwares are encrypted.

As of now our best options are tag-swapping or buying an emutag.

EDIT: One thing that is interesting though is that if you power on your Mini W while holding down the Led/Button, the LED turns white and the printer is detected with an older firmware and a serialnumber of mostly zeroes. XYZWare then wants to perform a firmware update and I've tried an let i do that with both Windows and Mac version of XYZWare. After FW-upgrade it does not reboot but manual powercycle will bring it back to it's normal state. I believe this mode might be useful for firmware downgrades but what is more interesting is that if there is anything to be found in the XYZware software about this mode that could help us factory reset a printer, the goal being to clear the "blacklist" of already used NFC UIDs.

74 (edited by Xenolphthalein 2017-01-10 13:40:42)

kallt_kaffe wrote:

EDIT: One thing that is interesting though is that if you power on your Mini W while holding down the Led/Button, the LED turns white and the printer is detected with an older firmware and a serialnumber of mostly zeroes. XYZWare then wants to perform a firmware update and I've tried an let i do that with both Windows and Mac version of XYZWare. After FW-upgrade it does not reboot but manual powercycle will bring it back to it's normal state. I believe this mode might be useful for firmware downgrades but what is more interesting is that if there is anything to be found in the XYZware software about this mode that could help us factory reset a printer, the goal being to clear the "blacklist" of already used NFC UIDs.

This sounds quite interesting! Totally agree with you regarding the "factory reset". I found some pieces of code in the xyzware app that is reading and writing the eeprom of the printer. I am currently investigating if we could delete entries (stored filament data) with the help of that code pieces. The problem is that it is rather cryptic, which doesn't make things easier... I'll keep you updated in the 4.2 Decompiling section of my first post.

EDIT: Forgot to mention that i will investigate if i find anything about that mode in the sourecode.

Im using a Nobel 1 Sla printer but the Problem is same thx for advices i will check my folders for Firmware now