Topic: XYZ Da Vinci Mini and XYZWare

Hi all

Downloaded XYZWare and run it - it requests a login?
Im using the same login I created on the XYZ website, but it simply states incorrect password - even though I have triple checked it and its not!
Hence I cannot use the software at all?

Running on MAC OSX.

Please help!

Re: XYZ Da Vinci Mini and XYZWare

I have a similar problem with my new Mini as the pc I use for my printer in my workshop is not connected to the internet as it is out of wifi range and I cant get rid of this registration screen to use the program.

I have no problem with my 1.0A using an older version of xyzware on same PC

xairflyer wrote:

I have a similar problem with my new Mini as the pc I use for my printer in my workshop is not connected to the internet as it is out of wifi range and I cant get rid of this registration screen to use the program.

You should contact the support and report this. It's a very stupid move of XYZprinting to require internet access in order to use the printer software.

However as a workaround, use internet sharing on your phone to create an internet connection and log in. I tried starting both the MacOS and Windows version with my interne access disabled and it doesn't prompt for a new login once you got past the login during the first start of the software.

ifti.bashir wrote:

Hi all

Downloaded XYZWare and run it - it requests a login?
Im using the same login I created on the XYZ website, but it simply states incorrect password - even though I have triple checked it and its not!
Hence I cannot use the software at all?

Running on MAC OSX.

Please help!

Did you get past it by now? For me it worked in both Windows and Mac OS version. However I'd like to provide some tips for the MacOS version as it's has som bugs in it.

- Do not use the green full screen icon. There is no way getting out of fullscreen without erasing the settings for the app.
- Except for small projects using USB cable gives "Printer is busy" although it is not. Same projects works fine with Wifi.
- Avoid using the printer monitor during prints. I've got two only-resolvable-with-power-cycle-freezes of the printer during printing when using MacOS while using the printer monitor. Has not happened with Windows version, also never happened if I exit XYZware after starting the print.

I've reported all this to the support.

kallt_kaffe wrote:
xairflyer wrote:

You should contact the support and report this. It's a very stupid move of XYZprinting to require internet access in order to use the printer software.

However as a workaround, use internet sharing on your phone to create an internet connection and log in. I tried starting both the MacOS and Windows version with my interne access disabled and it doesn't prompt for a new login once you got past the login during the first start of the software.

I dont want that PC connected to internet no virus software firewall etc and no going to that bother to install it, the computor starts, shuts down fast, opens programs fast and runs all my software perfect, everyone knows PC get worst and worst over time with stupid updates and other crap so this PC will never be online, the printer will be return if it cant be used offline.

kallt_kaffe wrote:

I spoken to them three times

7 (edited by xairflyer 2016-12-06 14:13:05)

I need someone who is computor savy to tell me where in the software files what to delete or a crack to bypass the login screen, as far as I remember there was something similar in my older version of xyzware that stopped the program sending info back to xyz ?

8 (edited by kallt_kaffe 2016-12-06 18:14:27)

xairflyer wrote:

I need someone who is computor savy to tell me where in the software files what to delete or a crack to bypass the login screen, as far as I remember there was something similar in my older version of xyzware that stopped the program sending info back to xyz ?

Try this:
- Stop XYZWare
- Open regedit.exe
- Navigate to: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\XYZware\xyzsetting
- Add a new String value. Call it hli and set the value to "True"
- Start XYZWare

If the above is unclear, just save the text below to a file called xyzware.reg and then doubleclick the file:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\XYZware\xyzsetting]
"hli"="True"

If that does not work, install XYZWare on a different, internet connected PC.
Start and login.
Then exit and use regedit to export HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\XYZware
Copy the exported .reg file to the non-connected PC and import it to the registry.

Much appreciated will give it ago

Above change to registry worked great bypassed the need to sign in, got no help from xyz so much appreciated

Great! I just compared the registry before and after loggin in as I noticed that once you login once you can start it fine without a network connection. No idea what "hli" means but glad it worked. It also adds entries for account and token if you login but it seems that only "hli" is needed to bypass the loginscreen.