Re: Expert Model Case & Door

macmub wrote:

Ive since seen a photo of the case, looks great but the color makes it look like a 1992 school special.
Im thinking ill sandblast off the original and go matt black. Would look great.

I think so too. We haven't gotten a whole lot of requests for multiple colors, so we haven't gone very deeply in to offering colored printers. We will in the future if we see demand.

Former Solidoodle employee, no longer associated with the company.

27 (edited by HelmutK 2012-10-18 15:00:49)

Has anyone been printing successfully and consistently with the case on?
Mine seems to have issues with filament feed with the case on and they go away when I take it off.

Maybe i have to increase the extruder preload bearing pressure to get it to be more consistent?

I am using a printed filament bushing for the rear of the printer.
Seems like the filament bends pretty sharply back to the spool coming out of the extruder with the case on.

can we order a case by itself ? i don't see that option on the site. I didn't think i would need the case but now with the heated bed and a fan on it, i need something to keep it warmer.

lobosolo wrote:

can we order a case by itself ? i don't see that option on the site. I didn't think i would need the case but now with the heated bed and a fan on it, i need something to keep it warmer.

I'd be happy to sell my case, make me an offer and add the cost of shipping it from Michigan.

I use some squares of acrylic stuck to the sides with magnets.  If you aren't looking for a professional look, I'd recommend this over the metal just so you can see in side and more easily remove the panels.

30 (edited by HelmutK 2012-10-19 20:28:21)

HelmutK wrote:

Has anyone been printing successfully and consistently with the case on?
Mine seems to have issues with filament feed with the case on and they go away when I take it off.

Maybe i have to increase the extruder preload bearing pressure to get it to be more consistent?

I am using a printed filament bushing for the rear of the printer.
Seems like the filament bends pretty sharply back to the spool coming out of the extruder with the case on.

Update: Got my printer to print fine with the case on by just tightening up on the extruder filament pre-load bearing spring.
I also added a pvc elbow and extension to the shipped spool holder rod to let the filament feed more naturally. I understand the Solidoodles shipped now have a similar updated spool holder.

Post's attachments

Spool holder.jpg
Spool holder.jpg 227.44 kb, 3 downloads since 2012-10-19 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

I print 100% of the time with the case on, and it causes me no dramas.

lawsy wrote:

I print 100% of the time with the case on, and it causes me no dramas.

So do we in the shop. We can understand why it might cause some people trouble.

Former Solidoodle employee, no longer associated with the company.