Topic: Jr Hotend. What does it weigh?

As the title suggests, I need to know the total weight of the Da Vinci Jr hotend. The black housing, fan and nozzle. I'm just trying to get some idea of how much weight the X gantry can take.

Re: Jr Hotend. What does it weigh?

@gravy - your best bet is to grab a screwdriver to get an answer.
If you are considering to stick stepper on top for a direct drive - it's doable. Doesn't introduce major sag on X gantry. Only consideration is with the height, with the design I used I was able to squeeze Z height of 110mm.

@kr15_UK. Thing is I binned the stock hotend a while back after my doing Anthems,s Ramps conversion. Using E3d v6 now. Or at least i will be when i get this conversion finished. Been looking at the Titan. I suppose if I buy it and it causes problems re: sag I can always side mount it for Bowden. I was just curious about the weight of the stock so I could make some calculations.

The Titan is really good, best thing I've bought for 3d printing in a while. If you get it with the stepper they supply that thing is tiny so it won't add a lot of weight. That said the Titan coupled with an e3d lite6 in a Bowden set up works perfectly and less weight moving around on the carriage is going to better imho.