Topic: This would make a great enclosure

Just saw this cuisineart private reserve wine cellar at Salvation Army. Although I have my own plans for a case, this would make a great enclosure if you gut it...and found it for less than $50.00.  The thing measures 16" cubed.

Post's attachments

image.jpg
image.jpg 1.37 mb, file has never been downloaded. 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

2 (edited by saymo606 2013-03-01 12:45:49)

Re: This would make a great enclosure

hmm it looks neat enough, ive seen a few designs being muted over the past while.... one was in an ikea wall case..both lack the function that i use with my case every single day and that is doors that open to give access from all three sides...
acryllic and magnets all the way for me... smile

Yah, it doesnt serve my purpose either, but I thought it could be fun to gut and try out if it was cheaper.  Although I am still working on my design, here is what I started with;

http://www.soliforum.com/topic/1282/sol … r-designs/

I've decided to move the filament/drawer/computer interface to the left side as I find myself reaching in to the case from the right to clean the print head.  All acrylic panels will be easily removable and the whole enclosure will be easy to disasemble. I think all the edges will have handles like a military gas can or something similar.  My goal is to make a full portable unit that I could bring transport to my garage, shop and work.

Remember those older, giant microwaves? A friend had the idea of gutting one of those for a printer! But that looks good there.

...sativas are for smoking!