1 (edited by jamesh 2013-02-28 04:05:35)

Topic: My take at an enclosure for the Solidoodle 2!

Does it's job, and doesn't look half bad!

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-SNrGGHrvcuk/US7T0xZ63KI/AAAAAAAANpo/iCy4GKcCywU/s1600/IMG_20130227_220538.jpg

For more pictures and explanation of what I did, check out my blog post here: http://therealtonystark.blogspot.ca/201 … rev-1.html

2 (edited by nickythegreek 2013-02-28 14:49:34)

Re: My take at an enclosure for the Solidoodle 2!

Looks nice.

Are you still bringing in the filament from the back? I would worry that you would loose alot of heat from that top exhaust fan.

Could you post the .stl for that fan mount?

4 (edited by jamesh 2013-03-01 00:05:34)

Still bringing in the filament through the back, but I have one of the thingiverse filament cleaner/guide blocks in place.

I haven't actually run it with the fan duct on -- like you said, I'm not even sure it's necessary. Here's the .STL though Schieggster!

Post's attachments

fan mount.STL 733.36 kb, 15 downloads since 2013-03-01 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

jamesh wrote:

Still bringing in the filament through the back, but I have one of the thingiverse filament cleaner/guide blocks in place.

I haven't actually run it with the fan duct on -- like you said, I'm not even sure it's necessary. Here's the .STL though Schieggster!

Awesome, Thanks!

6 (edited by saymo606 2013-03-01 12:53:27)

how are the prints coming out? any warping?

i too have an acryllic case, but i did away with the filament coming in from the rear. and have it on top now. all 3 sides are closed in leaving the top open... a bit like your fan whether it is on or not, it is leaking heat...

i still have warping on large parts, ie printed a 2.5" weldneck flange last night with a quarter section removed from it and it warped  at the sectional cut out. I have a design for an upper enclosure modeled in inventor but I've 'parked' it for now as I wanted to see if the sides contained enough heat on thier own first to eradicate the warping. sadly its not the case... so im gonna get the top ordered now... and build that too.

is anyone else with fully enclosed cases still suffering warping on larger parts or is it all gone now?

good weekend all!

I also experience a lot of warping but in most cases a higher bed-temperature and a fully closed case help. I'm still trying the hairspray-thing but tomorrow I will try glass with kapton.

TheRealTonyStark! Man you are just popping up all over the net for me lately! (I guess our interests are too similar! Haha.
Anyways, nice enclosure. I really like your captured magnet latch. I have thought about capturing a magnet in a print but was having g a tough time thinking of actual applications. This worked out great. Good job

saymo606 -- I haven't noticed any warping since I setup the enclosure smile

helagak, thanks! I want to try embedding some LED's halfway through a translucent PLA print... lots of applications for that! Just need to figure out good PLA settings...