Topic: A little help please

Some time ago I got a second printer, a kit from the eBay, and after getting it set up it went well. A couple weeks ago something popped and as the fuses were ok I suspected a mosfet but decided to just get another board as my electrician foo is poor. Long story short I had a 2560 board and the nearest I could find was a GT 2560 so thought ok go with it. Problem is my LCD screen is not lighting up but I can print via the computer with no probs. If I connect the other board I have screen but no power to extruder or heat bed ...mosfets bad? Any ideas or should I source another 2560 board.
I'm using the latest Cura with the printer. My other printer is a Da Vinci running OEM software which I use for ABS.
Pete

Re: A little help please

Pete49 wrote:

Some time ago I got a second printer, a kit from the eBay, and after getting it set up it went well. A couple weeks ago something popped and as the fuses were ok I suspected a mosfet but decided to just get another board as my electrician foo is poor. Long story short I had a 2560 board and the nearest I could find was a GT 2560 so thought ok go with it. Problem is my LCD screen is not lighting up but I can print via the computer with no probs. If I connect the other board I have screen but no power to extruder or heat bed ...mosfets bad? Any ideas or should I source another 2560 board.
I'm using the latest Cura with the printer. My other printer is a Da Vinci running OEM software which I use for ABS.
Pete

you may need to modify the firmware on the new board to support the LCD.  By default most firmware versions do not have the LCD enabled.

Printing since 2009 and still love it!
Anycubic 4MAX best $225 ever invested.
Voxelabs Proxima SLA. 6 inch 2k Mono LCD.
Anycubic Predator, massive Delta machine. 450 x 370 print envelope.

Re: A little help please

Thanks for that info. I'll look into it but sounds like a solution to my problem
Pete