Re: E3D Titan + V6 Direct Drive "Coyote" Carriage BETA

Great work! Is there any chance that you could make it so that the carriage would accept LM8UU linear bearings?

Offhand, and I realize this is way late, but do you lose any Z build volume with this carraige setup?
I'm looking to change my current Da Vinci and this would be a nice way to change it up.

Is it just me, or do you lose quite a bit of distance on the Y axis with the V2 version? I assembled it using an E3DV6 and E3D Titan, and I couldn't get the printer to home the y-axis because the stepper motor was hitting the upper metal plate along the back of the printer.

Has anyone actually tried this?

wiley wrote:

I also made a bed probe mounting point that I use for a BLTouch sensor. Most folks here probably won't want it because you can't use a BLTouch with the factory board, but I use it because I switched and rewired for a Replicape, which has made my printer tremendously quieter.

What's stopping us from using a BLtouch with the factory board? Doesn't it just use 5V and a servo connector?
How hard was it to switch over to the Replicape? Did you just have to solder wires directly to the board?

30 (edited by kattz 2018-05-28 22:00:59)

Hi,

Can I use this on a Davinci 1.1 Plus?  Can't flash to some other software, so has to work with my controls.

Thanks.

Kev

Tophness wrote:
wiley wrote:

I also made a bed probe mounting point that I use for a BLTouch sensor. Most folks here probably won't want it because you can't use a BLTouch with the factory board, but I use it because I switched and rewired for a Replicape, which has made my printer tremendously quieter.

What's stopping us from using a BLtouch with the factory board? Doesn't it just use 5V and a servo connector?
How hard was it to switch over to the Replicape? Did you just have to solder wires directly to the board?

I'm curious about this as well. I'd love to add a BLTouch to my Da Vinci 1.0. It seems that it was done here: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3385416