Topic: Camera focus

Hi,

I am finding some troubles with the focus on raspberry camera.
How can i fix them?

Thank you, Gilberto

Re: Camera focus

There is a screw on the side of the cam, you can loosen and adjust to change focus. If yo have access to a printer you can print https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:211641 and attach to the cam.

There is a screw on the side of the cam, you can loosen and adjust to change focus.
Well...  Not exactly.

The Raspicam lens is glued in place.  You first have to break the glue joint, then you'll be able to refocus the lens.  It can be done either by using a fine x-Acto knife to remove the glue, or by gently turning the lens until the glue joint breaks.  Be careful when you do this, not to put too much pressure or you could tear the camera body off the PCB.  Best to hold the camera body with a pair of needle-nose pliers while you're twisting the lens.

Many of us have done this already, and it's doable with a little patience.  Once the lens is free to turn, you could add the lever posted above, but most likely it won't be needed once you adjusted the focus the focus

To print or, 3D print, that is the question...
SD3 printer w/too many mods,  Printrbot Simple Maker Ed.,  FormLabs Form 1+
AnyCubic Photon, Shining 3D EinScan-S & Atlas 3D scanners...
...and too much time on my hands.

Thanks for the answers ....

But can I ask you a question?
If I adjust the focus at the center of the plane of rotation, the scan improves?

Gilberto

5 (edited by n2ri 2016-06-13 21:33:52)

if you twist to break glue loose make sure you hold the camera body with pliers while twisting lens nut as a youtube video shows. or you will twist camera off circuitboard. the amount of turns clockwise or counterclockwise differs on each camera and yes for small objects focus at center of turntable on a detailed small object. I used a 'racing champions 1:144 scale dragster with decals and white lettered tires and can read the tiny letters now with raspicam. dont turn lens more than 1 rev either direction as threads are very short and hard to screw back on if removed.

Solidoodle 2 with Deluxe kit cover & glass bed with heater. and 2nd board SD2 used not 3rd and alum platform not installed yet still wood. also need cooling fan installed to board. use Repetier Host couple vers. Slic3r also have all free ware STL programs