Topic: Solid filament in guide tube (Da vinci 1.0JR)

HELP!!!

Somehow during a print, solid filament got inside the guide tube and now occupies it entirely, rendering the printer inoperable

I am very new to 3D printing,

Unloading / loading has not worked out, and just gives me a rhythmic tapping noise.

I have had this thing for 9 days and already had to send it back once due to a shipping issue breaking something, so please tell me there is a quick-fix for this..

I am unsure as to remove the guide tube as I am unsure if it would cause damage
I have tried as well but it seems that it would not move either...

Re: Solid filament in guide tube (Da vinci 1.0JR)

You have a clog. I do not own a Davinci, so I cannot personally give you a step by step with confidence, but there are several bright XYZ users who know how to handle this. Be patient, and they will chime in.

You would need to remove the hotend and let it soak in acetone if you were using ABS, or hit it with a torch if PLA.
My recommendation is to get off the XYZ support dependency and delve into the XYZ threads here.

Printit Mason and Printit Horizon printers
Multiple SD2s- Bulldog XL, E3D v5/v6/Lite6, Volcano, Hobb Goblin, Titan, .9 motor, Lawsy carriages, direct Y drive, fishing line...the list goes on
Filawinder and Filastruder #1870.....worth every penny!

I am unable to remove the guide tube, it's completely stuck and I am scared and confused as to what to do...

By this statement, do you mean that you have removed the hotend and cannot separate the PTFE tubing?
The tubing will come out with a little force and/or a little heat.

It sounds like your settings are off and causing the manipulation of the tubing. If you need new PTFE, contact [email protected] and we can work something out

Printit Mason and Printit Horizon printers
Multiple SD2s- Bulldog XL, E3D v5/v6/Lite6, Volcano, Hobb Goblin, Titan, .9 motor, Lawsy carriages, direct Y drive, fishing line...the list goes on
Filawinder and Filastruder #1870.....worth every penny!

5 (edited by 09bowyerm 2016-06-10 13:03:13)

(SOLVED-ISH)

Turns out solid filament is supposed to go into the guide tube, or at least that is what I could tell, I couldn't see from the poor lighting that is what was happening before, so I just wasted everybody's time on that front.

But, it was still stuck, so I removed the guide tube and forced the filament out, (it was all solid, no blockages or anything like that)
and then put the guide tube back in (more loosely of course) and now it works fine... sorry for wasting everybody's time...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

UPDATE

Now the guide tube comes loose immediately after printing begins, regardless of how much I force the tube in it comes loose...

The filament cannot be unloaded for some reason, it still loads up completely solid in the tube but I think that is normal but it cannot unload, it just stops... it loads up fine...

PLEASE HELP I AM ON THE VERGE OF GIVING UP

Look down where the guide tube fits into the pnuematic fitting there should be little teeth down in the pnuematic fitting.  If the teeth were bent down that's why it's not staying put.  I just took some needle nose tweezers and GENTLY pulled the teeth back in place