Topic: Services for flashing firmware

I would normally post this in the BST area of the forum, but we would like to maintain relations with current and future Solidoodle users looking to upgrade to the E3D hotends. It is unheard of for any company for offer boards to be flashed for upgrades, and we would like to help those who do not have the confidence or time to work this out. So here's how it breaks down...

If you run a Printrboard, we will swap you one for another Printrboard board pre-flashed to your printer's specs.
If you need or want a new board, we may be able to assist with the same services as well.
You can contact us at [email protected] for more info.

Although Solidoodle is dead, we would like to continue support for every new and current user.

Printit Mason and Printit Horizon printers
Multiple SD2s- Bulldog XL, E3D v5/v6/Lite6, Volcano, Hobb Goblin, Titan, .9 motor, Lawsy carriages, direct Y drive, fishing line...the list goes on
Filawinder and Filastruder #1870.....worth every penny!

Re: Services for flashing firmware

I wish you had this available about 3 - 4 months ago.  I went thru 3 computers for 10 days, including a Mac to try to flash the firmware for E3D & the Lite version.  None worked.  A last resort was my old Toshiba laptop with Win7 Pro 64 - it worked the first time thru... 

Food for thought - M$ has recently released an 'update' for win7 that will render an ASUS MB based box unbootable.    It was 'Optional', now it is 'Recommended'.  Only fix - go to win10 or a backup of win7....  Will see if I can find the KB# again.

Ender 3 Pro

Re: Services for flashing firmware

awesome idea. smile

If i can locate the Printrboard from SD4 #2 I will gladly offer it up for use in this service.
I did manage to flash it for use with an E3D v6, but you are welcome to do whatever you like with it. I ended up swapping that printer over to a Rumba.

SD4 #1 & #2 - Lawsy carriages, E3D v6, Rumba controller board, mirror bed plate, X motor fan, upgraded PSU & Mica bed heater
SD4 #3 - in the works ~ Folgertech FT-5, rev 1
Printit Industries Beta Tester - Horizon H1