Re: da Vinci Jr - Manual upgrade/downgrade

The patched XYZware works, did not try to upload firmware. stock XYZware v2.1.26.1 complains no internet connection when click firmware update, then device not found. patched XYZware v2.1.26.1 skipped the checking internet checking and report the device not found. (I did not connect to Jr.)

(Da Vinci 1.0, Jr. 1.0 RAMPS, miniMaker) X4, (Creality CR-10S, CR-10 mini, Ender-3) X4, Anycubic MEGA X4, Anycubic Chrion X1, ADMILAB Gantry X2 (MonoPrice Maker Select V2, Plus, Ultimate)X4--Select mini X1, Anycubic photon X4, Wanhao duplicate D7 X1.
iNSTONE Inventor Pro X2, CTC Dual X2, ANET-A8, Hictop 3DP-11, Solidoodle Press, FLSUN I3 2017X1

I bought a Jr with firmware 1.0.2.  Which is the best, safe, firmware to upgrade to, how do I do it, or is it best to stay put?

jmdearras wrote:

I bought a Jr with firmware 1.0.2.  Which is the best, safe, firmware to upgrade to, how do I do it, or is it best to stay put?

Firmware 2.2.0 is the last safe one to use.
But - as there are a million solutions to bypass the card issue now, there should be no reason not to try the latest firmware.

Are there any advantages to later versions?