Topic: Printer Error

every time I press "Start Print" the extruder moves to the center and then just sits there doing nothing. I've tried different software and it all does the same thing.

Re: Printer Error

1) When you upgraded to the v6, did you update the firmware?
2) Are you getting any error messages?
3) Have you tried a new USB plug or port?
Sounds to me like hanging, but the more info you can give, the better.

Printit Mason and Printit Horizon printers
Multiple SD2s- Bulldog XL, E3D v5/v6/Lite6, Volcano, Hobb Goblin, Titan, .9 motor, Lawsy carriages, direct Y drive, fishing line...the list goes on
Filawinder and Filastruder #1870.....worth every penny!

AZERATE wrote:

1) When you upgraded to the v6, did you update the firmware?
2) Are you getting any error messages?
3) Have you tried a new USB plug or port?
Sounds to me like hanging, but the more info you can give, the better.

How do I update the firmware? And i'll try a different usb right now.

When upgrading to the E3D, it is essential to update the firmware or it will give some very odd behavior.
What board do you have? If unsure, post a picture if you can.

Multiple SD2s- Bulldog XL, E3D v5/v6/Lite6, Volcano, Hobb Goblin, Titan, .9 motor, Lawsy carriages, direct Y drive, fishing line...the list goes on

You may also want to double check your wires and connectors.  Watch the temp chart in RH with the output graph enabled.  Hopefully it will give you a clue as to what's happening.  If you haven't updated the firmware you will have max temp error issues so that step can not be skipped.  If you don't know how to do that or where to begin, let me know.  I am not sure which board you have but if you got it new after August of 2013 then follow these instructions. 
http://www.soliwiki.com/Updating_Solido … structions

The best way to reach me is typically on chat.

Printit Industries Model 8.10 fully enclosed CoreXY, Chamber heat
3-SD3's & a Workbench all fully enclosed, RH-Slic3r Win7pro, E3D V6, Volcano & Cyclops Hot End
SSR/500W AC Heated Glass Bed, Linear bearings on SS rods. Direct Drive Y-axis, BulldogXL
Thanks to all for your contributions

Okay so I tried a different usb and that didn't work. I also noticed that every time the extruder stops, the software automatically changes my extruder and bed temperatures and increases them on its own.http://soliforum.com/i/?7uz8bm3.jpg

You have a temp setting in your slice profile or host that is different than the others.  It is pausing as it tries to increase the temp.  If it is a bed temp it may take a long time or not even be capable of reaching that temp.  You can scan the g-code and see this but it is easier to just remove those commands from the start codes both in your slice profile and Repetier start code.

3-SD3's & a Workbench all fully enclosed, RH-Slic3r Win7pro, E3D V6, Volcano & Cyclops Hot End
SSR/500W AC Heated Glass Bed, Linear bearings on SS rods. Direct Drive Y-axis, BulldogXL

wardjr wrote:

You have a temp setting in your slice profile or host that is different than the others.  It is pausing as it tries to increase the temp.  If it is a bed temp it may take a long time or not even be capable of reaching that temp.  You can scan the g-code and see this but it is easier to just remove those commands from the start codes both in your slice profile and Repetier start code.

how do I remove the commands?

It'll be later this evening before I'll be able to post up some screenshots.  Basically go to the start gcode section in your slice profile, there's only a handful of commands so you should be able to tell which is setting the temps,  simply delete those lines.

If you don't see anything there related to temperature, check your filament settings. Set the bed temperature to 0. This will tell Slic3r to only wait for the hotend to reach temperature, and ignore the bed temperature. The bed will stay heated throughout the print if you turn on the heater before you begin printing.

The stock bed doesn't heat up quickly, so I prefer to turn it on 10 minutes before my first print and keep it heated during my printing session.

Thank you wardjr, i fixed the issue.

But now i have a new problem. The plastic wont go in for some reason. I checked the plastic tubing and it was clean. I honestly have no idea why it wont go in. http://www.videosprout.com/video?id=742 … 7bfa2c2d2d

What temp are you sitting at when you try to load filament? Also, what material?

The thermistor that came with your E3D is more accurate and also is placed in a more reliable location. This means you are looking at a 20-30c difference. Where you used to print ABS at around 200-210c, you will now print at 230-240c. If you attempt to load filament below 230c, especially at stock temp settings for ABS, it will give the same result you are facing because the filament has not melted and the extruder will keep attempted to load.

I use PLA and set the temp to 225 (Before it was 215).

You shouldn't need much, if any more, than 220 for PLA. Were you successful updating the firmware?

AZERATE wrote:

You shouldn't need much, if any more, than 220 for PLA. Were you successful updating the firmware?

No i wasnt haha i made a new topic for my firmware issue