Topic: 1.15 Update Problem

I updated to 1.15 using the auto update button. Since doing the update I have not been able to connect to the scanner. I plugged in a Ethernet cable and logged in. I then tried starting FreeLSS by going to the src directory and typing sudo ./freelss This give me the following error.
Error while loading shared libraries: libwiringPi.so: shared object file:No such file or directory. Could something have gone wrong with the update?  Any help appreciated. Thanks,

Bob

Re: 1.15 Update Problem

Check your version number and my other similar posts. When I updated, it took me back to 1.9 and then when I reinstalled I could not get past 1.11. Now it won't let me even try to update because of too many attempts. Uriah hasn't chimed in on this yet. I suspect he is out of touch and something has gone wrong with his update server.

--Dave

Thanks, I did see your posts. Sounds like you get a little father than I do, I can't even get to the scanner through the web page interface to see the version. I think mine may have got corrupted somehow when updating.

4 (edited by Vinoh 2016-04-11 01:26:56)

bobswika wrote:

Thanks, I did see your posts. Sounds like you get a little father than I do, I can't even get to the scanner through the web page interface to see the version. I think mine may have got corrupted somehow when updating.

This is pure speculation, but I suspect all of the symptoms we're seeing comes from some core problem with update server. The updates have been so reliable before that something must have gone really wrong. You may be able to reinstall the wiringPi SW per a step in the original instructions, but we may want to wait for Uriah to be back in touch and fix whatever went wrong.

For everyone else, I would definitely suggest not updating until we hear from Uriah.

I agree. All other updates were seamless. Let hope to hear from Uriah soon.

6 (edited by hairu526 2016-04-12 00:05:24)

There was an issue with the 1.15 update on ARMv6 Pi's (ie: the PI 1 B, and Pi 1 B+) that resulted from building that release on ARMv7.  This issue has been resolved in version 1.16 which has recently been made available via the update system.  I apologize for any trouble this may have caused you. I've also added a new feature to version 1.16 called "Restore Factory Settings" that resets the Setup page back to it's initial settings in case undesirable changes have been made to it.

The post is at http://www.soliforum.com/post/120937/#p120937

- Uriah

i updated Atlas3d  from 1.14 to 1.16 thru webbutton
No Webinterface anymore after restart.

pi@atlas3d ~/freelss/src $ sudo ./freelss
./freelss: error while loading shared libraries: libwiringPi.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

roman.kornfeld wrote:

./freelss: error while loading shared libraries: libwiringPi.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

pi@atlas3d ~ $ cd wiringPi
pi@atlas3d ~/wiringPi $ ./build

solved it.

roman.kornfeld wrote:
roman.kornfeld wrote:

solved it.

Is it still working? I tried that and it allowed me to start freelss. However, when I checked the version, it had not actually updated to 1.16. Then, when I tried to update again, I got the same liwiringPi.so error.

--Dave

I have this problem but am using a Pi 2.  I can not get to the web interface at all.  What do I need to do to get back to the web interface so I can try updating again?  Thanks,

Bob

hairu526 wrote:

There was an issue with the 1.15 update on ARMv6 Pi's (ie: the PI 1 B, and Pi 1 B+) that resulted from building that release on ARMv7.  This issue has been resolved in version 1.16 which has recently been made available via the update system.  I apologize for any trouble this may have caused you. I've also added a new feature to version 1.16 called "Restore Factory Settings" that resets the Setup page back to it's initial settings in case undesirable changes have been made to it.

The post is at http://www.soliforum.com/post/120937/#p120937

- Uriah

I did as suggested above using:

This allowed me to do an auto update but version 1.4 got installed.  I had to manually use sudo ./freelss to get frelss running just so I could see what version I had.  The software does not run itself when the pi is started like it used to.  I'm afraid to keep auto updating since Vinoh got locked out after several attempts.

Uriah please advise on what I should do to try and get back to where I was before this latest update.  Thanks a lot,

Bob

You should be able to...

sudo apt-get update

and then ...

sudo apt-get install wiringpi

Thank you very much.  Up and running again.

Bob

Similar situation with me and now I'm up and running too. I don't know if Uriah made a change to make this happen or if I just did something different this time but, in any event, I'm happy to be back on track.

--Dave

Same here, when I started the Pi up to try the commands suggested by Uriah the scanner started up fine and was at the new version.  Either way I'm updated and working.

Bob