Topic: Press pauses

Hi,
So solidoodle sent me a press that was used and from the looks of the motherboard tray.... It at some point caught on fire.  But the main issue is that it pauses. There's no rhyme or reason for it that I can see. It will be printing then it will pause. All I have to do is press the green button once then again then it will get back to work. The problem is that it's happening about every 3-10 minutes so it makes it impossible to print anything? Any ideas. I'm at a loss . I'm guessing it might be a power issue but I am real iffey about sinking more money into a machine that has at best barely worked this far. So id appreciate any good mac giver style troubleshooting ideas lol.

Re: Press pauses

Get on chat tomorrow Morning and I'd bet Mac will answer wink

Printit Industries Model 8.10 fully enclosed CoreXY, Chamber heat
3-SD3's & a Workbench all fully enclosed, RH-Slic3r Win7pro, E3D V6, Volcano & Cyclops Hot End
SSR/500W AC Heated Glass Bed, Linear bearings on SS rods. Direct Drive Y-axis, BulldogXL
Thanks to all for your contributions

Re: Press pauses

On the Press;
Are you sure it is not the model you are trying to print?
I have that issue with a few things I have downloaded from Thingiverse.
Then others go right through with a good print.

To offset this I keep the command line <Toold / Printer Config /G-Code> loaded with M105.
When it stops I hit enter and it resumes, then I load M105 again and wait.
I often read on the computer on another screen while printing so Once I get the story loaded I click back to the G-Code screen while I read.

Also, you might try getting a Marlin type board as a replacement but I'm not sure what firmware to Flash it with.

ScRamjet