Topic: Custom Build: Does Distance Parameter Matter?

Hi all,
I have decided to build a custom set up, moving the platform a little further back in order to scan larger objects. However, my scans are coming out with pretty bad quality. I was wondering if this could be because the coding has a set distance from camera to center of plate, and since mine is further back than the original build, it is throwing off the interpolation.

Thanks.

Re: Custom Build: Does Distance Parameter Matter?

You'll have to post some pictures of what the scans look like and pictures of the object on the table after pressing the "Test' button on the CAMERA page.

theres a setting for camera distance. also camera focus may need adjusted sarch forum for how to do that

Solidoodle 2 with Deluxe kit cover & glass bed with heater. and 2nd board SD2 used not 3rd and alum platform not installed yet still wood. also need cooling fan installed to board. use Repetier Host couple vers. Slic3r also have all free ware STL programs

Also delete all your other identical post to avoid confusion. But yes the software should allow adjustment for distance. You would also have to change the camera focus as well.

Printing since 2009 and still love it!
Anycubic 4MAX best $225 ever invested.
Voxelabs Proxima SLA. 6 inch 2k Mono LCD.
Anycubic Predator, massive Delta machine. 450 x 370 print envelope.