Topic: Press bed runs too high, regardless of Z-offset

I have very nearly abandoned my efforts to have Solidoodle honor their offer of a refund on my never-worked-properly SD Press; I'm just making some last-ditch attempts, grabbing at straws, for any restitution.  It is sad that Sam Cervantes lacks the ethics to be up front and transparent with his customers.  If Sam has any hope of future business success, he will quickly wake up to the importance of honest and open customer relationships, or he will only repeat the Solidoodle debacle again and again.  I, for one, will be warning each and all to avoid any company with which he is involved.

That said, sorry for the vent, I have a Press that has never worked.  I am able to create a textbook-perfect Z-calibration print.  Choosing the proper print height, however, does nothing.  No matter what offset I select, the bed always runs too high.  I end up with a tangled mess of filament around the print head and nothing on the bed.

The Z-offset setting is ignored and the bed is runs too high.

Has anyone else had this problem and, if so, were you able to solve it?  I am not excited about this giant paperweight, particularly given its cost, the lack of papers on my workbench, and the low velocity of the wind indoors.

Thank you in advance for any insight you can share.

Re: Press bed runs too high, regardless of Z-offset

Do you have an start Gcode ?

Fat kids are harder to kidnap!

Further to madfalcon, do you have G29 in your start gcode?  This is what does the multi-point test (it should test the bed height in 9 places) to determine height and slope of the bed.  If the printer isn't doing the 9 point test, I suggest looking at the start gcode.
For reference, what slicer are you using?

android78 wrote:

Further to madfalcon, do you have G29 in your start gcode?  This is what does the multi-point test (it should test the bed height in 9 places) to determine height and slope of the bed.  If the printer isn't doing the 9 point test, I suggest looking at the start gcode.
For reference, what slicer are you using?

also is important WHERE is that G29 is placed, because I had the same problem. I looked in my archive and didnt find that topic. It shouldnt be placed (G28 or G29) in the wrong place, because it cancels the bed leveling.

5 (edited by ScRamjet 2016-04-10 18:26:20)

To Clarify, On my printer G29 is the LAST item in my start G-code.
Here is the entire start up code:
Code                               Does This
M100                              Unknown
G21                                Set units to mm
G90                                Set to Absolute Positioning
G28 X0 Y0                      Move to 0, 0
G1 Z15 F4800                Move to Z15 speed 4800
G1 Y5 F4800                  Move to Y5 speed 4800
G1 X5 F4800                  Move to x5 speed 4800
G29                                Set Z probe Offset (Invokes auto leveling on our Machines)

That's all folks !

ScRamjet

I will add, My Printer is working pretty good on low resolution, still working on getting higher res.

6 (edited by madfalcon81 2016-04-10 15:55:11)

This was mine: (when Press still worked):

G21; set mm units
G90; set absolute coordinates
G28 X0 Y0; home X&Y
G29; probe bed
G92 E0; reset extrusion distance
G1 Z5 F5000; lift nozzle

Save your somewhere and try mine. Then if still not work, put back yours.