Topic: I suspect my da vinci may be bricked, URGENT!

For the past 8 months my printer has been broken, this is my last resort. My extruder broke on my da vinci 1.0 in august, i replaced it with a e3d v6 hot end, it didnt seem to heat (just displayed 21C/21C in repreiter). I re-flashed it using the j37 pins, but my printer wont show up as a port in the arduino IDE, i checked the com ports in the device manager and it says there is a arduino due on ports 8 and 9.

If you need information or pictures please ask I severely need help, if this post dosent help i will strip the printer apart, sell it for scrap and build a new printer.

Re: I suspect my da vinci may be bricked, URGENT!

When you use the jumper you reset the processor to boot loader mode. You will then need to load firmware that is in .bin form using bossac and the commend line that is used for it. Right now with only the bootloader on the processor it will show up as it is but Arduino will not see it until you have some sort of firmware on it.

Printing since 2009 and still love it!
Anycubic 4MAX best $225 ever invested.
Voxelabs Proxima SLA. 6 inch 2k Mono LCD.
Anycubic Predator, massive Delta machine. 450 x 370 print envelope.

3 (edited by Josh Perry 2016-03-13 22:32:25)

carl_m1968 wrote:

When you use the jumper you reset the processor to boot loader mode. You will then need to load firmware that is in .bin form using bossac and the commend line that is used for it. Right now with only the bootloader on the processor it will show up as it is but Arduino will not see it until you have some sort of firmware on it.

I have installed Bossa, the printer isnt detected on neither com port 8 or 9.http://soliforum.com/i/?7UNsmPa.png

Post's attachments

Bossados.PNG
Bossados.PNG 89.2 kb, file has never been downloaded. 

Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG 80.74 kb, file has never been downloaded. 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

I have never used this version. The version the tutorial on voltivo uses is a command line version. There is a tutorial on voltivo that walks you through the process.

Printing since 2009 and still love it!
Anycubic 4MAX best $225 ever invested.
Voxelabs Proxima SLA. 6 inch 2k Mono LCD.
Anycubic Predator, massive Delta machine. 450 x 370 print envelope.

When I flashed mine I didn't use the bossac I just used the Arduino software

I just selected the board as ardunio due native USB and then the correct port
Mine is on com 5

To find out what com port you have to use go into the windows device manager open the ports icon and you will see Arduino due on one of the ports and it will tell you which comport to use.

Well if your using  windows I dunno on macs

What does the display on your printer show Josh?

Da Vinci 1.0a.  Repetier 0.92.  E3D V6.  Titan Extruder.  Sllic3r.  Octoprint on Raspberry Pi B+.

I have had the same damn problem it wont even be recognized by the computer and just shows the two lines of the black bars on the printers screen

8 (edited by bigrednurse 2016-04-13 19:27:57)

I had same problem was d/t windows 10.  If you are using that it must be flashed with the bin file repetier 0.92.  It is available either on this forum either ogremustcrush or luc posted it.  Great guys    MINE WORKS FINE NOW. Oh and use the command line bossac -p Com# -R -e -w -v -b firmware.bin
put bossac and the firmware in root directory, use cmd and switch to root directory.  If you cannot find the firmware file PM me and I'll send it to you.
It is Repetier-.92-3F10A.bin

Post's attachments

Repetier-.92-3F10A.bin 144.31 kb, 11 downloads since 2016-04-13 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

Hello everybody
I have a 1.0a davinci on the side
I have tried to mount repetier 0.92.10 but the two black bands remain
could you help me with the firmware
thank you