Re: XYZ Da vinci Jr heated bed ?

So I have almost got my heated bed sorted. My issue now is calibrating the Z Axis. I have added an offset of 4.5mm and this seems about right but when I home axis it crushes into the bed flexing it.(its an aluminium PCB). When I start a print it homes, again crushing the bed, then the offset seems to take over and it moves up again...

How does the optical sensor work? Do I need to add some foil so it stops where is should?

I had the exact same problem when I installed my heated bed.

I chose to print a 0.1 inch (2.5mm) spacer for the sensor assembly.  Sandwich it between the floor of the enclosure and the height sensor.  After installation, adjust the z-offset.

Could you take a picture of your sensor mod please? I presumed the plastic part attached to the hot end went down to an optical switch, breaking the beam and sending a signal to the z axis to stop. I thought a plate attached to that extending down would help.

Thanks

Sorry, I don't have any pictures of the spacer.  I was thinking just like you describe.  Either the tab on the X/Z gantry has to be extended "down" or the sensor assembly had to be moved "up".  I went with the second option.

Although I went with a 3D printed spacer, I think you could achieve the same just using simple washers from the hardware store.  If I remember correctly, there are some alignment holes/tabs in addition to the two screws that hold the sensor down.  But, just for a quick-and-dirty test, you could try using washers to offset the sensor housing.  Or, maybe even easier, stack up some pieces of paper/thin cardboard to get the sensor offset you need?

kr15_uk wrote:

@thegasman2000 - you might be interested in this, that's my DIY heatbed for home PCB etching http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1931575

kr15_uk,
Hi, I am seriously considering a heat bed mod, using a pcb heater like you have shown.  I am considering one from ebay, that is a 6x6 already made (never did have much luck etching my own).  Two questions,
1- how to you measure / control the heat to the bed.  Where / how is the thermistor or ??? connected and what does that attach to?
2- do you have any design files or gerber you used to create the print you would be willing to share?

I would love to see mode details on your mod. 

Thanks

US $30.70  6%de DESCUENTO | ¡Funssor! Cetus 3D impresora 120 V/220 V almohadilla de silicona caliente la cama con controlador de temperatura cama caliente para Cetus 3D impresora
https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/DqMJx46y

US $69.36  8%de DESCUENTO | Funssor 120 V/220 V 250 W calentador de silicona + placa base de aluminio + kit de actualización de cama calentada de vidrio para Flashforge finder impresora 3D
https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/CmZRHoq4

Esas camas calientes están listas para utilizar