Topic: Another printing n00b

While I'm new to 3D printing, I'm very familiar with 3D modeling and CAD software. I worked for two years at an engineering firm as an AutoCAD monkey, and now I teach intro to engineering and architecture courses at the high school level.
That has kind of forced me to learn lots of software packages, and to date, I have lots of experience and knowledge with:
AutoCAD
Inventor
Revit Architecture
Sketchup
3D Studio MAX
MasterCAM
SDS/2
...and probably a few others that I'm forgetting.

I'm very excited to get my Solidoodle 3!

Re: Another printing n00b

jebleez wrote:

While I'm new to 3D printing, I'm very familiar with 3D modeling and CAD software. I worked for two years at an engineering firm as an AutoCAD monkey, and now I teach intro to engineering and architecture courses at the high school level.
That has kind of forced me to learn lots of software packages, and to date, I have lots of experience and knowledge with:
AutoCAD
Inventor
Revit Architecture
Sketchup
3D Studio MAX
MasterCAM
SDS/2
...and probably a few others that I'm forgetting.

I'm very excited to get my Solidoodle 3!

Welcome to the group.  You should have no problems with you machine as long as you set it up properly.  Make sure you calibrate it.  Also learn the software while your waiting, if just ordered it takes awhile to get it.  Also read lots of the posts on this forum for hints and what do to when problems arise, cause it will.

Re: Another printing n00b

Already ahead of you there. I've learned a bunch about STLs as well as optimizing my models for printing.
I'm trying to familiarize myself with settings, but I know I can't depend on anything until I actually get my printer delivered.