1 (edited by n2ri 2016-02-20 02:39:52)

Topic: power up 1st time not working

when I connect power and push button on. RP dont lite but motor has high pitch sound even though not engaged. nothing lights so turned off. all wires connected as video states (though I have a RP B so different looking mount but same orientations. the pi worked b4 installed so what can cause this?

Solidoodle 2 with Deluxe kit cover & glass bed with heater. and 2nd board SD2 used not 3rd and alum platform not installed yet still wood. also need cooling fan installed to board. use Repetier Host couple vers. Slic3r also have all free ware STL programs

Re: power up 1st time not working

any help here?

Solidoodle 2 with Deluxe kit cover & glass bed with heater. and 2nd board SD2 used not 3rd and alum platform not installed yet still wood. also need cooling fan installed to board. use Repetier Host couple vers. Slic3r also have all free ware STL programs

YAY! so releived. poked around all conections trying to see what could be wrong and now it lights then camera lights. now for next steps towards scanning. man I sure wasnt looking forward to disassembling and reassembling that thing hard as those nuts are to keep in place since tape and glue dont stay on the hardest ones to get to near tower/frame joint. I devised a thin magnetic angled nut holder for them LOL

found the problem. the made in China power supply prongs are so thin the  dont stay plugged in/make good contact causing power flux. had to bend slightly to make good connection in outlet

the WIFI dongle only magnifys poor WIFI signal strength and never makes connection to save password. also as noted elsewhere its very slow transfer making files and video worse to do. recommend direct Eithernet

6 (edited by pauljacobdegroot 2016-02-22 01:53:59)

Make sure you load the latest drivers for the wifi dongle. They are all different for each raspbian build (see instructions in this forum). The one I got from Murobo does work although it seems to work with bursts and small intermittent inactivity. I can live with that but you can buy the RPI wifi dongle that works out of the box with any Raspberry Pi.

Atlas3D scanner, Reprap Prusa i2 3D printer

wired works best. just wonder how to connect when traveling using laptop. if I can plug Ethernet cable direct or need special cable

also it only uses IE browser, can we tell it to use other browser someplace?

The ATLAS scanner doesn't care what browser you use, that is a function of your computer's settings.

thats what I thought but my default browser is FF. oh btw in another topic I posted yesterday my Scanner came with the SD card and it had L/R Pin numbers in setup reversed for lasers just a heads up

n2ri wrote:

wired works best. just wonder how to connect when traveling using laptop. if I can plug Ethernet cable direct or need special cable

Without a hub, if you want to plug 2 computers together (or the Atlas into your laptop, you're going to need a crossover cable.

To print or, 3D print, that is the question...
SD3 printer w/too many mods,  Printrbot Simple Maker Ed.,  FormLabs Form 1+
AnyCubic Photon, Shining 3D EinScan-S & Atlas 3D scanners...
...and too much time on my hands.

If you plan on using Ethernet and you do not plan on plugging the Pi into your DHCP-enabled network switch, then you should be very proficient at computer networking because it will be a much more complicated setup process.  With a crossover cable, you will either need to setup a static IP on the Pi or install a DHCP server on your laptop.

got replacement PSU from Atlas Scanner maker for original bad one today.