Topic: any place to get a replacement aluminum build plate 200mm SD3

Does any 3rd party sell a SD3 aluminum build plate with the screw holes precut ?

Or am better off just getting a fresh piece of 3mm aluminum and getting it cut to size and drill my holes ?

Re: any place to get a replacement aluminum build plate 200mm SD3

solidoodle had some of them listed last time they responded just out of SD2 size

Solidoodle 2 with Deluxe kit cover & glass bed with heater. and 2nd board SD2 used not 3rd and alum platform not installed yet still wood. also need cooling fan installed to board. use Repetier Host couple vers. Slic3r also have all free ware STL programs

lobosolo wrote:

Does any 3rd party sell a SD3 aluminum build plate with the screw holes precut ?

Or am better off just getting a fresh piece of 3mm aluminum and getting it cut to size and drill my holes ?

Where are you located?

To print or, 3D print, that is the question...
SD3 printer w/too many mods,  Printrbot Simple Maker Ed.,  FormLabs Form 1+
AnyCubic Photon, Shining 3D EinScan-S & Atlas 3D scanners...
...and too much time on my hands.

SD4 bed was also same as SD3

Solidoodle 2 with Deluxe kit cover & glass bed with heater. and 2nd board SD2 used not 3rd and alum platform not installed yet still wood. also need cooling fan installed to board. use Repetier Host couple vers. Slic3r also have all free ware STL programs

pirvan wrote:
lobosolo wrote:

Where are you located?

Iowa, USA.

I am deathly afraid of ordering from solidoodle right now, although 15$ might be worth the gamble.

Also if anyone knows, are the holes lined up the same for the SD 2, 3 and 4 ?

I assume the holes lined up the same to save money by having them all the same for the aluminum build platform but just in different sizes of width,length.

n2ri wrote:

solidoodle had some of them listed last time they responded just out of SD2 size

And what do you think the chances are that if he orders, Solidoodle will actually ship him anything at this point?

8 (edited by AZERATE 2016-02-16 22:21:07)

lobosolo wrote:

Unfortunately they are not. If you turn up empty, perhaps one of our resident machinists would be able to give you an option.

EDIT: Sorry for the half assed comment. SD2 is a different size than SD3/4. SD3/4 are the same

Printit Mason and Printit Horizon printers
Multiple SD2s- Bulldog XL, E3D v5/v6/Lite6, Volcano, Hobb Goblin, Titan, .9 motor, Lawsy carriages, direct Y drive, fishing line...the list goes on
Filawinder and Filastruder #1870.....worth every penny!

lobosolo wrote:

I assume the holes lined up the same to save money by having them all the same for the aluminum build platform but just in different sizes of width,length.

2 is smaller than the 3 & 4 plates and base so partly yes 3 & 4 would be same

Have you guys seen what Solidodle charges to ship that $15 build plate???  To California is $50, to Iowa it's $35.

That's f'ing crazy. yikes

Tell you what.  I replaced the one on my SD3  a long time ago with a solid copper plate.  If I can find the original Alu.  around the house tonight, I'll charge you $25 shipped to Iowa, Deal?

pirvan wrote:

Have you guys seen what Solidodle charges to ship that $15 build plate???  To California is $50, to Iowa it's $35.

That's f'ing crazy. yikes

Tell you what.  I replaced the one on my SD3  a long time ago with a solid copper plate.  If I can find the original Alu.  around the house tonight, I'll charge you $25 shipped to Iowa, Deal?

Yeah, let me know what you come up with and I will shoot 25$ over to through paypal or something.

If you cant find it, tell me more about this copper plate.

I looked last night in all the likely places, but couldn't find it. 

If I ever do find it, I'll let you know (provided you're still looking at that time).