Topic: Davinci Jr unable to print jobs other than Sample

Just got a Davinci Jr, and I know it's a learning curve, but...

I've done a couple days of troubleshooting - when I print the "sample" job that comes with the printer, everything works great.
The extruder heats up, it runs it's 2 lines, then prints the little vase just fine.

So, I know the thing works.

But, when I take an stl job from online, open in the XYZ software and export as the 3w file needed for the Jr...
Those jobs do not heat the extruder.  The screen doesn't show the extruder warming up (like it does for the Sample job), but the extruder does move around as though it's building.
However, if I let it go, obviously the extruder isn't extruding, but the filament feeder eventually chews up the filament trying to push against a non-extruding extruder.

What am I missing here?
Why wont any other jobs work?

I appreciate responses.

Re: Davinci Jr unable to print jobs other than Sample

The object has to be sliced which also includes the temperature data. I am not familiar with the software but I would think you need to import then slice in some fashion then export to the printer.

To my knowledge all you are doing right now is taking the STL and exporting it as is and that has no temperature data in it.

Printing since 2009 and still love it!
Anycubic 4MAX best $225 ever invested.
Voxelabs Proxima SLA. 6 inch 2k Mono LCD.
Anycubic Predator, massive Delta machine. 450 x 370 print envelope.

That makes sense - I will ....see if I can figure out where said 'slice' is in this software..

Update - I did play around with cura and slic3r today, and then I tried again with XYZWare.
The 'export' in XYZWare does do the slicing.  I watched it happen. 
All the info about the file is there (estimated time, layers, etc).

However, when I try to print - the printer never heats up the extruder - same as I have been facing since I turned this thing on.
The 'sample' job - the first thing it does before moving the extruder head is show "heating" on the screen for the extruder, and shows the temp.
Then it moves, aligns itself, and starts.

No job other than the sample will actually heat up the head.

How is the XYZWare software not even telling the thing to heat up?

(I am saving the jobs to the SD Card and installing from card, not USB, if that matters)