Topic: Filament Feeder knocking noise - DaVinci 1.0 Pro.

I've been having some noise issues with the filament feeder.
Usually knocks in the front right corner during the two line test feed.
Now more frequently during builds, and sometimes preventing the filament to feed and killing the print job.

As I was hooking up a new spool mount, I may have found a contributing factor.
The hole were the filament is inserted, is wearing down. This may be causing just enough tension on the line to make the the filament not feed, and cause the knocking.

http://soliforum.com/i/?Y1LMCsj.jpg

Re: Filament Feeder knocking noise - DaVinci 1.0 Pro.

You should check your z-offset, nozzle probably too close to bed, causes that thumping.  Also, just get a washer that fits that opening, glue it to the face, then feed filament through it.  I have a pro, but do not have that problem.

I've filled the hole with some PTFE tube I had laying around, so far it slides right through. still get the knocking. I have checked the z-offset, and leveled the bed multiple times. the print bed never seems to stay flat for more than a couple of printings, it's just something I've learned to live with on this machine. Routine: Print 3 jobs, level, double check level with business card, continue printing.

Well after fixing the feed hole, still getting the knocking noise. Opened a support ticket with XYZprinting, after giving them all my information over again they are going to have the engineers look into the issue and possibly replace the part?

Something new is happening, the other side of the feeder is getting fussy when loading filament, watching the filament feed from the top it gets jammed into the side of the metal nut it's suppose to go through. using the tension lever I can get the filament in.

Since I'm new to this 3d printing scene. This is frustrating, especially working with XYZprinting support.

I've leveled the bed using the paper method, adjusted the z-offset, but still get the knocking sound and sometimes breaking the filament at the feeder.

No more printing for me until I can get a part.
the compression fitting that holds the tube to the extruder just fell apart.
I updated my support ticket with XYZprinting and the girl said I had to wait for the engineers to send me an email.

Debating on waiting for their warranty support or fix it myself.

artanangus wrote:

No more printing for me until I can get a part.
the compression fitting that holds the tube to the extruder just fell apart.
I updated my support ticket with XYZprinting and the girl said I had to wait for the engineers to send me an email.

Debating on waiting for their warranty support or fix it myself.

In all honesty with my previous experiences with their support you will be better off fixing it yourself. Takes far too long for them to sort out problems.

Yeah I got that sinking feeling when I called their support number and the girl on the other end had difficulty pulling up my active support ticket. The call ended with her saying that the ticket will be reviewed by an engineer and I would get an email.