Topic: Wax Filamenet

Has anyone tried the Wax type filament from "moldlay" or Machinablewax.com.? I'm looking to do some small type metal casting and this would be great stuff to work with. I have the Da Vinci Pro. with aluminum bed.

Re: Wax Filamenet

Oh the things I could do with that filament.
I just ordered 10m of the MachinableWax.com filament. Samples of the wax filament are $0, just had to pay $5.95 shipping
The worse thing that could happen is I'd have wax all over inside my printer and have to buy a new print head.

Yea me too. I ordered mine a two days ago. I have talked with a few people that say there are some adjustment that need to be made or the extruder will just break the filament.

Yeah I saw your post on Thingiverse, and the detailed description of how to get to it...

I've always thought someone should make an extruder that can be fed crayons :-).

I am a newbie when it comes to 3D printing, a designer and metal fabricator is my profession.  So I am unsure how to find a 3D printer that will print wax parts.  paraffin, or ??? As well is there a place to purchase the wax?  I love the idea of using crayons. Please teach and share your experiences with this topic.

Ok this thread is about a year old and i see no feedback on this product. It appears the product has gone into full production as rolls are available from machinable wax .com and maker geeks.
I just picked up a roll of print2cast a couple days ago.
And i see no feedback here.  I have an open source prusa so should be able to make things work.

Soliddoodle 4 stock w glass bed------Folger Tech Prusa 2020 upgraded to and titan /aero extruder mirror bed
FT5 with titan/ E3D Aero------MP mini select w glass bed
MP Utimate maker pro-W bondtech extruder
Marlin/Repetier Host/ Slic3r and Cura

Tin Falcon wrote:

Ok this thread is about a year old and i see no feedback on this product. It appears the product has gone into full production as rolls are available from machinable wax .com and maker geeks.
I just picked up a roll of print2cast a couple days ago.
And i see no feedback here.  I have an open source prusa so should be able to make things work.

have you gotten your wax filament in yet? i'm curious about how well it works.

have you gotten your wax filament in yet? i'm curious about how well it works.

Yes sitting here in front of me . I will update when i print something.

Soliddoodle 4 stock w glass bed------Folger Tech Prusa 2020 upgraded to and titan /aero extruder mirror bed
FT5 with titan/ E3D Aero------MP mini select w glass bed
MP Utimate maker pro-W bondtech extruder
Marlin/Repetier Host/ Slic3r and Cura