Topic: Extruders Won't Heat on Da Vinci 2.0 Duo!

Anyone with ideas please, please speak up. It's not the connectors on top; those are gone and the wires are directly connected.  If I hold a hair dryer to the extruder, the temp does go up.  As long as I have the dryer blowing on it I never get the heater decoupled error.  As soon as I stop the dryer the temp drops and the decoupled error hits.  It's like the motherboard isn't sending the command to fire up the extruders.  I've checked and the onboard fuses do not appear to be blown.

Help?  Thanks.

Re: Extruders Won't Heat on Da Vinci 2.0 Duo!

Is this a stock machine? what is the idle temp of the extruder at your current room temp?

Printing since 2009 and still love it!
Anycubic 4MAX best $225 ever invested.
Voxelabs Proxima SLA. 6 inch 2k Mono LCD.
Anycubic Predator, massive Delta machine. 450 x 370 print envelope.

Around 28 I think. It is stock. I just put Repetier on it. It was doing it with the XYZ firmware too.

I would be nice to know the exact idle temp. Your firmware may have the min temp setting to low. Many people who have cooler homes especially in the winter may find this issue and find they may need to modify their firmware. You need to set the min temp lower or pur the printer in a warmer location. Or place a small ceramic space heater near it to keep it warm.

Printing since 2009 and still love it!
Anycubic 4MAX best $225 ever invested.
Voxelabs Proxima SLA. 6 inch 2k Mono LCD.
Anycubic Predator, massive Delta machine. 450 x 370 print envelope.

For what it's worth, my Da Vinci 1.0 isn't having any trouble. It's something with this machine. I'm 99% sure it's sitting at 28 when it starts.

Had something similar happen with my AiO and I think you have the same board as I do. With that being said, for me it wasn't the wiring at the top of the extruder but rather a short in the board. One of the three round capacitors on the left side of the board shorted out and this was only determined by checking connection points with a multimeter while the machine was off.

When you say you checked the fuses and do they do not appear to be blown was this done as a visual inspection or done electronically with a multimeter?

Now, I had a decent experience with their warranty department and shipping them my board. The hardest part imo regarding their customer support is initial communication and follow up communication... but I will say this - they got my board on a Friday afternoon and had it shipped back to me that next Monday morning, fixed.

At first I just did a visual inspection of R271 and R272 (I think?)  Nothing looked weird.  I tried putting multimeter on them to get continuity, but I'm new to multimeters so maybe I did it wrong.  On the capacitors, do you just check continuity on both contacts (Ohms)?

cummingscha wrote:

... but rather a short in the board. One of the three round capacitors on the left side of the board shorted out and this was only determined by checking connection points with a multimeter while the machine was off.

I know this is a super old thread, but can you elaborate on how you tested these capacitors and which ones were in question?